I have a disabling auto-immune disease which, for three years running now, results in week-long hospital stays in the neuro wing for observation and mild intervention.
Exactly nine weeks ago I was taken into a different (wrong) hospital for unrelated emergency surgery. Apparently Voltaren (diclofenac) does not mix with steroids of any kind; together they Swiss cheese your digestive tract. News to me and my doctors who'd been prescribing both. The hospital used meds completely contraindicated by my condition, then undermedicated me in recovery.
Seven-and-a-half weeks ago I told 'em to stick the opiates, checked out, and went back home to be with my family. Grin & bear it, I'd still make Christmas.
Or so I thought...
Monday April 30th
- thinking about food security (31 comments)
Thursday December 22nd
- To those that give (8 comments)
Thursday November 10th
- In Memoriam (9 comments)
Tuesday August 23rd
- Eight days (30 comments)
Saturday August 13th
- Thoughts on the riots (26 comments)
Monday August 1st
- On the way between there and here. (6 comments)
Wednesday July 6th
- So where was I? (12 comments)
Friday July 1st
- Automatic Asshole Correction (15 comments)
Sunday May 22nd
- We owe it to each other to tell stories. (10 comments)
Monday May 9th
- There was, once. (21 comments)