in the spirit of national unity engendered by the anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, perhaps the single most important document in human history, in which the God fearing natives of America declared their autonomy from the decadent, 18th century incarnation of sodom and gehmorrah then known as the "british empire," i want to try to understand why it is that so many of you hate us, our allies (particularly israel), and our way of life. that doesn't mean i'll like it, but in order to deal with ignorance, one first has to identify its source.
inside, what i'll be doing this fourth of july and a picture of my favorite firework display in recent memory.
So without further ado, here's my account of getting the hell out of Beijing to enjoy Chinese New Year in the sticks with Very.
Monday April 30th
- thinking about food security (31 comments)
Thursday December 22nd
- To those that give (8 comments)
Thursday November 10th
- In Memoriam (9 comments)
Tuesday August 23rd
- Eight days (30 comments)
Saturday August 13th
- Thoughts on the riots (26 comments)
Monday August 1st
- On the way between there and here. (6 comments)
Wednesday July 6th
- So where was I? (12 comments)
Friday July 1st
- Automatic Asshole Correction (15 comments)
Sunday May 22nd
- We owe it to each other to tell stories. (10 comments)
Monday May 9th
- There was, once. (21 comments)