Print Story my mouse wheel is broken
Breakups
By gzt (Fri Sep 13, 2019 at 07:26:30 PM EST) gzt, mouse wheel, broken (all tags)
frig, my mouse wheel has slowly been losing its ability to scroll and now its center-click capability is seemingly broken. I'm going to have to get a new mouse, as that's a major part of my workflow.

do i go for another cheap one or do i go upscale?
< Richard Stallman puts his foot in his mouth
my mouse wheel is broken | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden)
Did you try by Orion Blastar (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Sep 13, 2019 at 11:38:19 PM EST
cleaning the mouse from the inside?

Scroll wheel might have some dust or dirt on it.

"I drank what?" - Socrates after drinking the Conium
Mice are cheap by Orion Blastar (2.00 / 0) #2 Sat Sep 14, 2019 at 02:00:36 AM EST
I suggest this one:

<a href="https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-3-Button-Wired-Mouse-Black/dp/B005EJH6RW">https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-3-Button-Wired-Mouse-Black/dp/B005EJH6RW</a>

AmazonBasics three button wired mouse with a scroll wheel.

Mice get dirty and stop working, you can either clean them or buy a new one to replace it.

"I drank what?" - Socrates after drinking the Conium
yeah, that's actually the one i've got by gzt (2.00 / 0) #3 Sat Sep 14, 2019 at 11:34:23 PM EST
I've poked at it a bit and haven't figured out how to get it open to clean it.

Should be screws by Orion Blastar (2.00 / 0) #4 Sun Sep 15, 2019 at 12:19:33 AM EST
hidden with stickers or mouse feet. Cheaper to just buy a new one for $7 than attempt to clean it if you don't know how to clean it.

"I drank what?" - Socrates after drinking the Conium
My home mouse by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Sep 16, 2019 at 10:48:04 AM EST
A Logitech laser that I picked up in the late 90's. Amazingly durable.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

You should try by barooo (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Sep 16, 2019 at 11:18:31 AM EST
and find one of those Sun mice from the late 80s/early 90s that required a specially reflective and polarized mouse pad.  That was great.

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt
my mouse wheel is broken | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden)