Print Story So, that just happened....
By ObviousTroll (Mon Apr 08, 2019 at 03:58:47 PM EST) (all tags)
So, I was leaving the eye doctor's office when a young man coming the other way did a u-turn and walked back to the door of the office so he could hold it open for me.

I think I may be old...
< Week End Update | So, this is fascinating. >
So, that just happened.... | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden)
Either you're old or ... by lm (4.00 / 5) #1 Mon Apr 08, 2019 at 07:44:07 PM EST
... he thought you were a hot chick.

Cicero, The Republic
Have you been offered by wiredog (4.00 / 2) #2 Tue Apr 09, 2019 at 06:49:57 AM EST
your first Senior Discount yet?

Happened to me last year.

Of course I accepted it.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Not yet but by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Apr 09, 2019 at 08:17:27 AM EST
AARP has me on their recruitment spam list.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
In Oregon a couple years ago... by ana (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Apr 09, 2019 at 08:21:47 AM EST
I was vacationing, surrounding a nephew's wedding, waiting for my sister to clear out inlaws who had come for the festivities. I went to a National Park Service facility, and was just old enough at 62 to qualify for a lifetime pass to the national park system for the princely sum of $10. Then I went down the road to a desert museum, privately owned, who enquired if I was old enough for their senior discount (65). So only partly old.

I shall qualify for that come June.

Or get rabies. Also don't do that. --scrymarch

Yesterday at work by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Apr 10, 2019 at 08:56:38 AM EST
Talking with the team for one of the projects I mentioned that I will be 54 next month. Assistant team lead, a very smart cute and perky girl said, very perkily, "My Dad's 54!"

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Ooof. by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 2) #6 Wed Apr 10, 2019 at 10:42:41 AM EST
So, kind of her way of telling you to take a step back, you Biden wannabe!

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
So, that just happened.... | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden)