Print Story Week End Update
Cheese
By jimgon (Sat Apr 27, 2019 at 11:19:46 PM EST) (all tags)
 I don't have much to say here.

The H key on this computer is acting up.  Last week it was the C key.  Meh.

My cynicism is definitely crossing over to nihilism.  Good times.

This week I renewed my PMP.  That certification that I had to obtain to keep my current job that they then decided we didn't need to have in order to keep our current jobs.  I renewed it because every PM position now requires an applicant to have a PMP, so my renewal fee was in essence a tax paid to a private organization in order to apply for jobs. Not that there are a lot of PM positions floating around these days.  Everyone has gone agile and everyone has abandoned core project management. There will be a reckoning.

I saw Captain Marvel and enjoyed it, but my interest in Marvel superhero movies is coming to a close.  Next week I hope to be able to see the latest Avengers movie and then I'm likely done for a long while. I would be interested in a sequel to Doctor Strange if one were to be offered. As a comics reader I was always more of a DC guy. I read The Mighty Thor for a decade though. As for the movies the Marvel movies have, to me, turned into standard sci-fi with aliens and spaceships. As superheroes go I much prefer the type that are exceptional humans or meta-humans. I was a long time reader of Bat-Man and Flash in the DC universe.

Personal life continues to be full scale Loyal Order of Buffaloes. Today marks my fourth month in mu current role and it seems like so much longer, but I am enjoying it.  Speaking of the Loyal Order of Buffaloes.  I was invited to become a member of a compound up in New Hampshire.  Seems to be  nice place based on what I see.  Camp ground facility with a common house and acreage on a lake.  I need to make a visit this month to officially apply and meet with the current members.

Probably need to do business travel to Minnesota next month for PI planning.  If I were managing things we would be Kanban.  But I'm not.  And quite frankly I'm too mentally disengaged to argue with anyone about it. I just want to pay my mortgage and forget about work over night and on weekends.
< More liquid nitrogen burns. | With silver eyes, the scarlet eagle / Showered silver on the people >
Week End Update | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden)
SAFe by dev trash (4.00 / 2) #1 Sun Apr 28, 2019 at 02:31:27 PM EST
We just went thru SAFe training and for 'free' I can take a test and become a Agile Practitioner.
It's fun working with gov't contracts that on the surface are Agile but number of waterfall things we do in one sprint is.....well I mean someone sold the Feds the promise of Agile.  I guess that person made out ok

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
The smaller agencies by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Apr 29, 2019 at 08:58:45 AM EST
and smaller, more independent parts of larger agencies, tend to be more agile.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Well by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Apr 30, 2019 at 10:43:57 PM EST
I'm on a Cabinet level project and.....today was another bit of waterfall goodness that our Scrum master pushed back on even though it came from the White House, sooooooo we'll see.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
Agile is so yesterday by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #3 Mon Apr 29, 2019 at 07:55:24 PM EST
the new term is "continuous."
Is "continuous" a variation by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Apr 30, 2019 at 11:47:41 AM EST
of Testosterone Driven Development?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Continuous by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu May 02, 2019 at 06:45:46 PM EST
i’m familiar.

---------------
Week End Update | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden)