Print Story ran into a pupper today
Christmas
By gzt (Fri Aug 10, 2018 at 05:44:52 PM EST) gzt, dog, run (all tags)
So I was going for a quick (slow) run this morning and a couple blocks from home I saw a decently sized dog, like a golden retriever except white, walking around a lawn without a leash, so I was like, okay, he's got one of those invisible fence things

So as I ran by she was running alongside me on the grass, very friendly and sociable, and I was like, all right, that's okay, that invisible fence is keeping her in. And then as I continued past  that yard the dog kept running too. So I was like, hmm... Maybe she'll turn back around after this next yard or something, she's bound to go back home. And then I got to the next intersection and it's like... All right doggo, don't be crossing the street with me, you don't want to do this, but then she did, and at the end of a short block after that I was like, okay, I've got to stop and figure this out. So I stopped and she was very friendly and nice and I checked her collar and... no tags. Okay. I started to run back toward where we came from and she didn't seem to want to follow, so I stopped for a moment, and then she wandered into the street so I called her back and she came. It was a bit of a conundrum. I decided to try running around the block so she'd follow me back around to where we came from (if that's where she was actually from in the first place), but she kind of broke off after a block of that and it was like, well, there's not really much I can do here? We were, at least, in a very low traffic area on the edge of town, so cars wouldn't be a huge problem. I do kind of recall the house she broke off toward, like, having a dog, so maybe it was her place? Hope she turned out okay.

But, seriously, you have a good enough owner that your dog is very well-behaved and friendly, clearly well-groomed, and you don't have tags? What's the deal with that?!

< Thanks Hulver. Thulver. | No good deed goes unpunished >
ran into a pupper today | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Owners a libertarian by dev trash (4.00 / 2) #1 Fri Aug 10, 2018 at 07:19:10 PM EST
ain't no one tracking his doggo.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
Like libertarians by gmd (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Aug 10, 2018 at 08:13:18 PM EST
 Dogs also own themselves.

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
There by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Aug 10, 2018 at 10:48:29 PM EST
are "Cream" Golden Retrievers, technically it's just a Golden with a light coat.
could have been chipped by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Aug 13, 2018 at 03:02:48 PM EST
Bad idea to let dogs roam free, though, even if they're seemingly well trained enough to handle it.

yeah but with a chip... by gzt (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Aug 14, 2018 at 12:31:11 AM EST
...that requires them to get picked up, sent to the pound, etc. save the hassle by letting your neighbor get your doggo back home!

So you're suggesting bluetooth chips by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Aug 14, 2018 at 11:13:23 AM EST
and making an app available, so people can scan puppers to find out where they belong?

A million dollar idea!