Print Story OMFG
By yankeehack (Thu May 17, 2018 at 11:20:27 PM EST) (all tags)
GUYS...

So...today...did not end up where I expected it to be...

Very long story short, today it was announced at our all-hands that the $manager I report to is leaving the company. (It's a long story that I only know half to.) The news caught many by surprise/shock, there were tears by all, and...

After the meeting I met with my new $manager who isn't fluent in what I do, and I was asked if I wanted to take on more reporting/senior-level responsibilities.

Me: Of course, yes. And yes, I was thinking about moving out to CA anyway, after this summer, maybe 3rd or 4th Quarter. (I learned the rumor mill already had me pegged for moving to SV.)

I forgot to mention that I've been out here this week and they asked me to stay another week. LO has been having fun at home without me, with being a grownup and all. (We have been calling/texting each other a few times a day this past week.)

So that is what is up. I've been lame so far this week with going to bed at 9pm PT and all. I need to wash my clothes and maybe buy some more this weekend.

I'll in the Bay Area this weekend and will have time to kill. I'm gonna find out tomorrow if I can rent a car for this next week.

~Fin~

For those of you connected on FB, please don't mention it there. I haven't told anyone but LO (who is excited) about this yet.

< If... | Don't like the look of this old town, what goes up must come down >
OMFG | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Moving to SV by ucblockhead (4.00 / 3) #1 Thu May 17, 2018 at 11:23:35 PM EST
Price housing before making that decision.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Today was such a shock by yankeehack (4.00 / 2) #2 Thu May 17, 2018 at 11:33:19 PM EST
we didn't talk about it directly today, but should get help with moving/the housing differential. (I was offered less for being out East in the first place, and my title is changing.)

I've already priced it out, and it's double for me to rent out in southern San Mateo county.

Funny by clock (2.00 / 0) #3 Sat May 19, 2018 at 03:45:41 PM EST
I'll be in the Bay area next week Wednesday through Friday with no plans or meetings Wednesday. I was planning to put out a HuSi APB this week.

Small world!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

I should be free Wednesday evening by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #4 Sun May 20, 2018 at 12:50:46 AM EST
The husi crew out here is smaller than it used to be...I split time between here and Minneapolis, Aphrael is in SF, UCb in the east bay, Theantix might still be around but he is moving back to Vancouver at some point this year.

Cool! by clock (2.00 / 0) #5 Sun May 20, 2018 at 05:29:21 PM EST
I'll reply to this when I get to SFO and know more. It'd be great to meet up.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Wednesday by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #6 Sun May 20, 2018 at 09:14:36 PM EST
will be a workday for me, but work rarely lasts later than 6pm. Work is in Menlo Park, keep me updated and maybe I can take Caltrain up to SF after work.
gah by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Jun 08, 2018 at 08:05:47 PM EST
Congratulations by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon May 21, 2018 at 03:10:23 AM EST
It's good to see someone here doing well

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
well I mean by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon May 21, 2018 at 10:45:43 PM EST
Factor in housing and she may well need two more jobs and drive for Uber on the weekends.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
I don't say on FB by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon May 21, 2018 at 10:14:05 AM EST
until it's linked-in official.. hahahah

Sounds like opportunity knocking... by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon May 21, 2018 at 07:04:53 PM EST
I hope it works out for you!

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals