Print Story I'm a complete banker
Working life
By anonimouse (Mon Mar 05, 2018 at 07:48:19 AM EST) (all tags)
 Today I got a pat on the head for the excellent work I was doing over the last 2 months

In that period, I have replaced 5 documents and written 8 lines of code
< Now, we wait. | i can't stop partyin', partyin' >
I'm a complete banker | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
That's the way it goes by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Mar 06, 2018 at 10:13:21 PM EST
I worked as a contractor for a company for six years and the only word of praise I ever got was for a half-assed document on Y2K I threw together in an hour.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
A pat on the head by Herring (4.00 / 2) #2 Wed Mar 07, 2018 at 12:24:18 PM EST
Fuck that - an extra £100 a day would mean something.

OTOH, I have encountered people who could write 20,000 lines of code in that time and achieve precisely sod-all. Well, apart from stacking up a massive debugging job for someone else.

You can't inspire people with facts
- Small Gods

TBH by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Mar 07, 2018 at 09:53:47 PM EST
I'm not complaining about my day rate as its gone up by 50% from my last role

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
A large proportion of our outsourced support team by gmd (2.00 / 0) #6 Sun Mar 18, 2018 at 02:08:51 PM EST
 Have actual negative productivity. They make things wirse than they would be if they had simply sacked 50% of the workforce.

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
I have found by jimgon (4.00 / 2) #3 Wed Mar 07, 2018 at 07:38:16 PM EST
That there is a disproportionate relationship between doing very little and being recognized as being a great employee.  When I produced lots of widgets I was ignored.  Now that I produce few widgets I do much better.  I assume this is the socialist dream.

Is that all it takes to be banker? by lm (4.00 / 1) #5 Sat Mar 10, 2018 at 07:51:51 AM EST
... clearly I've missed my calling.

OTOH, at a former position I spent a year doing nothing all day and was given a promotion and a 13% merit increase on top of moving from one salary band to another to reward me.

Oddly enough, I'd count that position as one of the worst I've ever had.

Cicero, The Republic