Print Story Two Factor Authentication
Working life
By anonimouse (Tue Dec 04, 2018 at 05:42:38 AM EST) (all tags)
Is not a good idea if you're working in a basement with no mobile phone signal

Work

Started a new job on Monday, working for a social housing authority near Kings Cross.

< I AM NOT A NUMBER | All Bound for Mu Mu Land >
Two Factor Authentication | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden)
2-factor auth by hulver (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Dec 04, 2018 at 05:47:15 AM EST
By SMS, also great if you're connecting over WiFi because there's no mobile signal in your holiday cottage.

Should be using TOTP anyway, not SMS. Much more convenient.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

Thanks by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Dec 04, 2018 at 06:04:16 AM EST
I may owe you a beer token

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
My carrier (3) will deliver SMS over WiFi by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Dec 04, 2018 at 04:42:10 PM EST
As long as I install their app.

When I'm in the SCIF by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Dec 04, 2018 at 01:29:01 PM EST
I can't have a mobile phone, or a 2fa usb thingy. Kind of freeing, actually.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

but you have your PIV? by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Dec 04, 2018 at 02:54:58 PM EST

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
Well, I have the CAC by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Dec 05, 2018 at 06:11:29 AM EST
And a couple of other cards. But they're different. Not sure how...

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Can't tell you how many times by kwsNI (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Dec 04, 2018 at 09:16:58 PM EST
I go out to my phone, try repeating the 7 digit 2fa code, only to get tripped up entering my door pin

Our church has a shared google account by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Dec 11, 2018 at 09:40:44 AM EST
and a woman who doesn't seem to grok that tying that account to her cell phone means I can't log into it no matter how many times she tells me the password.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
Two Factor Authentication | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden)