Print Story Looks like it's time for me to give up the Internet for good.
Trolling
By gmd (Tue Aug 01, 2017 at 02:07:25 PM EST) trolling, censorship, british fascist leftists gone mad (all tags)
 It seems that in the UK it is now a crime to troll people.

Now, of course I never troll people intentionally, but some people sometimes disagree with me, and that leads them to accuse me of "trolling" them. I am now very worried I may receive a 3am knock on the door and become an unperson.
< The mole | Two can't score >
Looks like it's time for me to give up the Internet for good. | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
First they came for gmd, and I said nothing - by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 10) #1 Tue Aug 01, 2017 at 02:23:59 PM EST
Because fuck gmd.

Lol by gmd (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue Aug 01, 2017 at 02:26:29 PM EST
Laugh if you like, but this shit doesn't stop with the right wing.

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
You're admitting you're far out on the right wing? by lm (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Aug 01, 2017 at 06:40:29 PM EST
Hmm. Interesting.

Cicero, The Republic
I never tried to hide it, so it's not an admission by gmd (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Aug 02, 2017 at 07:17:16 AM EST
My political views are considered by most to be "right wing" (whatever that means). Probably I am more nationalist/identitarian, in the sense I believe that some cultures are objectively better than others. I am socially libertarian in the sense that I don't care if you want to cut off your penis and call yourself a 'woman' so long as I don't have to fund it. I don't care if you want to have gay 'marriage' so long as I don't have to fund it etc etc. Essentially my politics are "live and let live, but get your hand out of my wallet".

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
The body of your comment contradicts the subject by lm (2.00 / 0) #11 Sun Aug 06, 2017 at 10:09:48 PM EST
Maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention but I've been under the impression that you've been trying to play yourself off as kind of moderate and the things that most people think are out on the far right wing are more like center-right.

Cicero, The Republic
You have not been paying attention. by gmd (4.00 / 1) #12 Mon Aug 07, 2017 at 04:38:15 AM EST
 I am pro Brexit which means I am quite literally Hitler.

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
I've never thought you were Hitler by lm (4.00 / 1) #13 Mon Aug 07, 2017 at 07:01:47 AM EST
... just approving of his methods.

Cicero, The Republic
You can't make an omelette by gmd (2.00 / 0) #14 Mon Aug 07, 2017 at 09:47:22 AM EST
 without breaking eggs etc. see also: Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and other assorted extreme leftwingers.

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
They're not going after trolls by dark nowhere (4.00 / 2) #3 Tue Aug 01, 2017 at 02:46:18 PM EST
just people who mock them. Thought police in the UK, quelle surprise.

By the way, I don't think people call you a troll when they disagree. It's when they discover that you are being disingenuous.

Chill out, snowflake.

I don't care if people call me a troll by gmd (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Aug 01, 2017 at 03:31:33 PM EST
It's a meaningless statement. I just find it amusing. Accusing someone of trolling adds nothing to the discourse.

Re: uk police I think there is some sort of coordinated attempt by Common Purpose (a very secretive government supported charity) to get the police to make threats on twitter, in the hope that it will make people think twice about expressing their true feelings. Mostly this will be people questioning the wisdom of the unlimited (mostly young islamic male) immigration Britain has been enjoying for the last 15 years or so, and the effects it has had on security, and the availability and quality of healthcare and schooling. They want to conflate legitimate criticism of government policy with racism. They don't want people pointing out the Saul Alinsky similarities or the Coudenhove Kalergi plan etc. I don't think it will work since people will just go to gab,ai or wrongthink.net leaving the police to catch up.

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
oh, ok by dark nowhere (4.00 / 2) #5 Tue Aug 01, 2017 at 05:48:44 PM EST
troll

Chill out, snowflake.

i don't really care if they label me a jesus freak by the mariner (4.00 / 2) #10 Thu Aug 03, 2017 at 05:46:52 PM EST
same principle imo.

So by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Aug 02, 2017 at 05:43:35 AM EST
 .. who is going to restart adequacy?

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
I don't think adequacy by gmd (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Aug 02, 2017 at 07:11:05 AM EST
Has a place in the post-truth world.

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.