- I'm still unemployed. This is not really what I wanted to be doing at this point, but...
- The one tech company I had a phone interview with nearly a month ago never followed up, despite the hiring manager saying he'd get back to me by that Friday. I emailed the recruiter after the holiday and he did not respond either. Oh well, plenty of red flags on that one. It'll at least be a Glassdoor review when I need to renew my access.
- I'm still not seeing anything great up here in Philly.
- On Friday I was approached by two different recruiters for possible remote jobs. When I asked follow up questions for both of them, they didn't respond. So, either I'm an idiot or they are just filling a quota.
- I am starting to look at jobs in Washington DC...thinking that change might be good for me. Either tech or something political. As it turns out, some of the digital job descriptions cover exactly what I have been doing, except that it's donors or constituents and not prospects or customers.
- I didn't want to move immediately after LO left for school and I wanted to give being single a shot, but it's just not a good fit, career-wise or non-existent social life-wise.
- LO is coming home in a little less than two weeks. She hasn't found a job quite yet and as it turns out, she is not that motivated about working at a camp. The soon-to-be graduating boyfriend broke up with her and a few days later, begged to be with her because he doesn't know what he wants. As much as I want her home, I am not in the mood to handle the logistics of having her home the whole summer.
- My dad wrote me a screed on Friday night saying that he is worried about my job prospects and that LO and I could "always move back home."
- In keeping with the I need a change theme, I've been (finally) going through my stuff and starting to purge. Trash days are Mondays, so after I edit some resumes this afternoon, I'll be going through things. I should have a few bags of stuff for the trash tomorrow and recycling for later this week.
|< Change is Inevitable | Baby take my hand >|