Print Story Flying (well mainly training) visit to US & Canada
Travel
By ambrosen (Mon Feb 27, 2017 at 11:29:59 AM EST) (all tags)
I had a week of holiday to use up before the end of March, and when I was home over Christmas, I mentioned to my dad how I'd seen how cheap flights to see $FamilyFriend in Montreal were. So obviously a week later, I get a message excitedly saying "so, I hear you're visiting", and most of the rest was out of my hands, hence not arranging to meet. Sorry.

4 busy days in Montreal were amazing, then the train down to Manhattan last night, got comped a ticket to jazz at the Village Vanguard ($FamilyFriend spent her teens there before she became Canadian), getting the train up to Boston this afternoon, and flying out from Boston tonight (for £65, natch). It's been amazing.

If I go to the harbour in Boston today, I can entertain myself in a pub somewhere until I need to go to the airport, right? Would be very happy to meet for a pint if anyone is around. Not sure I'll have a great deal of conversation though.

Promise I'll plan next time better. And now back to lying in the February sun in Central Park

< So, we gonna be in London in mid-April. | But in the town it was well known when they got home >
Flying (well mainly training) visit to US & Canada | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden)
Argh! by miserere (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Feb 27, 2017 at 11:43:52 AM EST
I'd love to come hang out and have a pint -- unfortunately, work interferes, plus a class this evening.

Yes, you can hang around the harbor before the airport -- there are, as I recall, plenty of pubs/bars/restaurants in the area, and it should be reasonably close to public transportation that will take you to the airport (the Silver Line buses, for instance, or the Blue Line, either way). I hope you have a good time -- it's a lovely day here.

Sorry not to manage it by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Feb 27, 2017 at 04:01:04 PM EST
I'm looking forward to seeing a bit of the city. And having carelessly slept most of the train journey away, Providence is looking very sunny.

I'll be able to plan more whenever I'm in North America next. This time was definitely a little bit of getting my confidence back on traveling and thinks.

Sounds like a good visit by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Feb 27, 2017 at 12:04:58 PM EST
have a safe flight back.

Thanks, will do. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Feb 27, 2017 at 04:03:00 PM EST
Only thing I'd do differently is sit on the east side of the Adirondacks train. Missed some spectacular views there.

*wave* by ana (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Feb 27, 2017 at 04:37:17 PM EST
Enjoy your pubbing and have a safe flight back.

We're holding you to the promise to plan better on your next visit!

Or get rabies. Also don't do that. --scrymarch

Will do by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Feb 27, 2017 at 06:40:49 PM EST
I ended up going to sweetgreen for food, after a walk round the harbor and into the center. And wow, I liked it a lot.