Print Story So, we gonna be in London in mid-April.
By ObviousTroll (Wed Feb 22, 2017 at 06:06:59 PM EST) (all tags)
Yup. SWHTL agreed to let me drag her out of our national borders for 10 days.

With a warm up in London and....

actually finishing up in Paris.

It's a package deal via Trafalgar Tours, to reassure SWHTL who has never been further from the motherland than some inconsequential islands.

I'm hoping it goes well because I'm planning to drag her ass to Denmark when our daughter goes there to spend her semester abroad.
< Channelling a little gmd tonight | Flying (well mainly training) visit to US & Canada >
So, we gonna be in London in mid-April. | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Difference between London and Paris by jump the ladder (4.00 / 2) #1 Thu Feb 23, 2017 at 07:35:36 AM EST
London doesn't have the army patrolling the tourist hotspots. Although the French army seemed like a friendly bunch if you don't look like your archetypal terrorist.

And the French love clowns by wiredog (4.00 / 2) #4 Fri Feb 24, 2017 at 07:16:00 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

I thought it was mimes? by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Feb 24, 2017 at 05:20:52 PM EST
London by anonimouse (4.00 / 2) #7 Fri Feb 24, 2017 at 11:32:59 AM EST
doesn't have the army because there is so much CCTV coverage, it doesn't need it

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
I gotta say... by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Feb 24, 2017 at 05:14:31 PM EST
When I was in the UK in the early 90s, I was shocked by the tank traps and razor wire that surrounded Parliament - and I was convinced Americans would never put up with that crap.

These days...?

You guys seem like Ayn Rand shrugged.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
I think we had two years in past 50 years by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #13 Sat Feb 25, 2017 at 04:55:42 AM EST
Where either assorted Irish or Islamic terrorists weren't wanting to blow things up here.

"This is why we can't have nice things" by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #14 Sat Feb 25, 2017 at 08:39:29 AM EST
 I thought the Irish had gone strictly legit?

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
See brexit by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #15 Sat Feb 25, 2017 at 09:58:40 AM EST
Hard borders with NI are not popular

That depends by gmd (2.00 / 0) #17 Sat Feb 25, 2017 at 06:18:54 PM EST
who you ask...

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
And therein by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #18 Wed Mar 01, 2017 at 03:06:30 AM EST
Lies the risk of violence

The school parent group by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Feb 23, 2017 at 01:04:23 PM EST
just raves about Denmark for study abroad. Apparently it's very expensive though.
Cheap tuition though, presumably. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Feb 23, 2017 at 04:47:06 PM EST
Surely that cancels out a bit.

I'm just hoping she can meet by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Feb 24, 2017 at 05:20:17 PM EST
Wallander.

The sample bill she showed us is going to dent the retirement savings, she better end up with that lucrative career in international finance that I've been dreaming will pay for the rest of my life.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
Paris? by gmd (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Feb 24, 2017 at 07:25:40 AM EST

You might want to rethink that....

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
I went last year by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Feb 24, 2017 at 07:41:12 AM EST
A few months after the terrorist rampages. It was fine although I really don't like the Gare Du Nord. Army was out but it was relaxed.

But we're Americans. by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Feb 24, 2017 at 05:15:29 PM EST
Everybody loves Americans, don't they?

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
Unless they're werewolves ... by lm (4.00 / 2) #12 Fri Feb 24, 2017 at 10:34:34 PM EST
Just saying.

Cicero, The Republic
No worries. by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #16 Sat Feb 25, 2017 at 11:19:18 AM EST
I'm up to date on my rabies and distemper shots.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals