Print Story Ho ho ho
Misc.
By anonimouse (Wed Dec 27, 2017 at 01:24:24 AM EST) who's the turkey? (all tags)
Santa's got a brand new bag

Merry Christmas all

Update [2017-12-27 16:52:2 by anonimouse]: New Years Resolutions - what are yours?

Christmas

...are hectic affairs. Christmas Eve saw me doing London to Birmingham to drop CurvyGirl off with her parents before picking Mrs MiniMouse up to go to Coventry for Christmas. Dinner the next day was cooked by yours truly.

Health

I've spent most of this Christmas with a cold.

Job

Like Herring, I am waiting for credit checks and other clearances and confirmation my new role at Prancing Horse Bank. I definitely dislike this waiting period as I'm essentially putting my eggs in one basket and if it goes tits up I shall have to rush around finding a new contract at the start of the year.

I've just heard the contract is being drawn up, which I'm hoping means that the above has got a green light.

Employing people

My daughter and her friend were having difficulties finding a placement for work experience, so I volunteered to do the job. A few exchanges with my insurers and a hastily written Health And Safety at Work policy later, and I became officially approved. I am actually paying them too. I have a suspicion my daughters friend may be the more dedicated as she actually did some online courses I pointed her to last year. If either of them show aptitude I shall change from just teaching them what I do to actually working on my part time work.

New Years Resolutions/ Ambitions.

• Lose weight
  • Work out exactly what CurvyGirl and I are to each other.
  • Go on short holidays more often
  • Work out if I can get the MiniMice into Software development
  • If my banking job works out, then within 2 years

1) buy a home in/near London instead of renting
2) replace my car with a Tesla S or whatever a good equivalent at the time of purchase happens to be.

< Fourth quarter blues
Ho ho ho | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Resolution by gmd (4.00 / 3) #1 Wed Dec 27, 2017 at 03:59:12 PM EST
 To continue not trolling.

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
kicked the habit 15 years ago. by the mariner (4.00 / 3) #6 Wed Dec 27, 2017 at 08:15:28 PM EST
hardest thing i ever did. good luck, brother.

grateful for any tips you may have n/t by gmd (4.00 / 3) #8 Thu Dec 28, 2017 at 06:22:26 AM EST

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
just gotta take it one day at a time tbh by the mariner (4.00 / 3) #9 Thu Dec 28, 2017 at 06:29:38 AM EST

Resolution by lm (4.00 / 2) #2 Wed Dec 27, 2017 at 05:18:47 PM EST
- give even less of a flying fuck.

Cicero, The Republic
Resolution by wiredog (4.00 / 4) #3 Wed Dec 27, 2017 at 05:21:18 PM EST
3840 × 2160

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Done that by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Dec 27, 2017 at 05:32:21 PM EST
55" and 40". 4K resolution doesn't seem quite right for software engineering. I think I'm going to get a 3840 x 1440 widescreeen and see if that's what I need.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
I have two by Herring (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Dec 27, 2017 at 05:43:16 PM EST
2560x1440 monitors at home and that setup gives a nice amount of screen space without breaking the bank.

You can't inspire people with facts
- Small Gods

New Year Revolutions... by ana (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Dec 27, 2017 at 08:20:32 PM EST
Just the one. Perhaps another one the year after.

Or get rabies. Also don't do that. --scrymarch

Jumping the gun? by marvin (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Dec 28, 2017 at 09:25:19 AM EST
Are not the car and house properly 2019 resolutions.

Indeed by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Dec 28, 2017 at 09:47:45 AM EST
..but its there as a reminder not to spend money on anything I don't really want. I have a sort of second job, which hopefully will fund any smaller things I want to buy this year

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Shopping list by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Dec 28, 2017 at 01:40:13 PM EST
I've got 2560x1280, 2560x1080 and 1920x1080 on likely to buy list. With 6, 25 and 15 inch diagonals, respectively.

Ho ho ho | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback