Print Story Operation Muhahahaha
Working life
By anonimouse (Wed Sep 28, 2016 at 08:14:05 AM EST) (all tags)
Your mission, anonimouse, if you choose to accept it is...

Update [2016-9-28 15:57:57 by anonimouse]: Mission update report

..to see if you can work for $newJob whilst getting paid by $oldJob to work remotely

Operation Muhahaha 2, a plan not to actually start $newJob but start at $bankJob instead, seems to be a failure.

Update [2016-9-28 15:57:57 by anonimouse]: I have been informed by $oldJob manager that my mission is going to be successful

Car

I do not seem to be having a lot of luck in the vehicle department. As I mentioned earlier, I had to call the RAC out when the high pressure fuel pump went kaput, costing me about £1k in repairs. It seems that some particles from the demise of the pump made their way into the injectors, so I've found out only 2 of the four cylinders were functional. I'm now driving around in a loan van until it gets fixed.

Money
Managed to lose my wallet, searched for it everywhere and eventually looked on my statement and found the last place I'd spent money was at a garage. I went there and found those very nice Tesco peeps had kept my wallet for me. Now I've gone and put one of my credit cards down somewhere and can't find it.
< 3 Weeks Since | Ask HuSi: Starting out with Tarot... >
Operation Muhahahaha | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Err by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 1) #1 Wed Sep 28, 2016 at 08:39:59 AM EST
Killjoy alert: isn't that a bit fraud-y?

Nothing fraudy about working more than one job. by gmd (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Sep 28, 2016 at 09:08:54 AM EST

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Thank you for that illuminating insight. by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Sep 28, 2016 at 09:13:11 AM EST

I try to make a net positive contribution by gmd (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Sep 28, 2016 at 11:26:55 PM EST
to this community...

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Nope by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Sep 28, 2016 at 09:49:43 AM EST
$oldCompany knows that I'll be doing work remotely out of normal hours. Assuming they accept my offer, this solves a problem for them in that a permanent guy isn't arriving till December.

No term in $newCompany's contract prevents me performing work for other clients. If it did, it would probably cause IR35 problems.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Ah - out of hours fun, gotcha by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Sep 28, 2016 at 10:04:47 AM EST
Bit different to the uncharitable same-time-as I'd thought you were implying ;-)

Yeah, it's nice to occasionally have stuff like IR35 work in your favour. I guess that means they no longer try to slip intellectual property shit about work produced out of hours into contracts as well?

Not bad by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Sep 28, 2016 at 08:50:45 AM EST
let us know when you get a gig for $newjob writing requirements for deliverables assigned to you from $oldjob.

At one time, during the dotcom boom, I was asked to be the technical editor/reviewer for a book I was the co-author on. My co-author kind of dropped out to work at a dotcom, so I ended up being the technical editor/technical reviewer for my own work.  It made for some tense meetings.

Sadly, no additional money.

I've done that by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Sep 28, 2016 at 09:26:34 AM EST
But I did the remote job in the evenings and weekends rather than at the same time. And the remote job was aware of the day job.

That's what I meant by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Sep 28, 2016 at 09:50:37 AM EST
...but it sounds much better the way i described it

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL