Print Story Being Fat
Food
By hulver (Thu Jun 09, 2016 at 07:59:56 AM EST) (all tags)
Training is continuing.

And Thanks.

Selfishness.

First the Thanks. There have been a few people lately (by lately I'm talking the last 2 years or so) who've chipped in some cash to go towards the running costs here. I do appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

I'm always wary of posting stuff like this, because I think it smacks of "Look, I'm saying thank you to these people, why don't you cough up some cash as well". That's not what I'm doing. Please don't send money if you feel like you should after reading this.

Training

I'm continuing on with the training. I could be doing more, but at least I'm doing something.

I've lost a bit of weight, and a bit of girth. My stamina on the bike is improving.

I've continued getting "motivated" by the personal trainer. She's very good, makes sure I'm doing things with the correct form, and makes me work until I literally can't lift things any more. It's a very weird feeling. You're trying to lift something, you've done it before, you're pushing as hard as you can but it's just not moving.

My arms ache today.

I'm up to my body weight on the leg press machine.

Did a fairly hilly (no escaping it around here) 30km ride (with 550m climbing according to my Garmin, 350m according to Strava) last weekend. I actually felt good doing it. Re-discovered some of the love of long distance cycling.

I can't believe that it's June already. This year is slipping by so quickly.

I need to step up my training. Must get fitter quicker.

I'm aiming this year to get down to the weight where I thought "Oh my god I'm getting really fat", and then next year down to the weight I first thought "I'm fat, actually fat".

Selfishness

There is other stuff going on, which I'm not writing about because I just want to talk about myself. It's not that I don't want to, but I don't think it's my place to, and I don't want to diminish it by doing so.

< God is an idea, the devil is us | and i, for one, welcome our new lizard overlords >
Being Fat | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Fat by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Jun 09, 2016 at 10:41:13 AM EST
Put on about 10 pounds over the winter, which doesn't seem to be coming off, despite riding more. Still, last physical was good. Blood sugar OK, cholesterol under control, blood pressure low and resting pulse low.

Would really like to shed another 20 pounds or so.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Money by Herring (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Jun 09, 2016 at 01:28:36 PM EST
Maybe you could lose the "subscriber" icon thing. Then there's no stigma for those unable/unwilling to contribute.

Of course, if they have never contributed then all their posts should appear in magenta comic sans.

Herring - Official HuSi diarist of the 2016 European Korfball Championship (October 22nd, Dordrecht, Netherlands)

I don't mind the icons by hulver (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jun 09, 2016 at 01:33:51 PM EST
I just want the thanks to be thanks, not a begging bowl.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Also by Herring (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Jun 09, 2016 at 01:29:56 PM EST
I really need to get back on the bike. The commuting and stuff does me in though and by the weekend I just want to sleep.

Shirking from home tomorrow so will be able to set the alarm 2.5 hours later.

I need to do some - don't want to hold up the group riding down to C's funeral.

I'm currently... by Metatone (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Jun 09, 2016 at 03:56:44 PM EST
seeing the physio 2 times a week in a desperate attempt to fix enough muscular/nerve troubles to start exercising again - or actually to start unpacking boxes now we've had our floor done.

So you're doing better than I am...

Hah! by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Jun 10, 2016 at 12:50:18 AM EST
Your timing is impeccable.  My yearly bonus hit the bank account just a couple hours ago.  :-P

So you'll take it, you bastard, I don't care if you don't ask.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

Meh, don't sweat the running costs stuff by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Jun 10, 2016 at 01:45:01 AM EST
People who're crap - such as myself - might well have forgotten about the option altogether over the last few years. That'll teach you :-p

Great work on the training. Get fitter quicker by killing yourself on the rowing machine :-p

Fat and Stamina by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Jun 21, 2016 at 09:48:53 AM EST
I put on 20 pounds over the winter, wasn't too worried because I've done that every winter for the past several years, but this year it hasn't come off even though I'm riding like a maniac. Stress may have something to do with it.

Even so, my miles are up on the bike (although my speed is way down), and you were one of the people who inspired me to try it, so get to it! I recently bought myself a cycling gps with the required heart, speed and cadence sensors. The main thing I'm getting out of it is the "surprise me" feature that plans out a new route so I'm not riding the straight line between here and Philadelphia again and again and again....

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
Personal Trainer by TPD (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Jul 08, 2016 at 10:33:34 AM EST
seriously considering it, after my press-up month (and relatively decent improvement in body proportions and image), I can already feel myself slipping back to a puddle of lard. How often are the sessions?

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
As often as I can afford by hulver (4.00 / 1) #10 Wed Jul 13, 2016 at 06:51:03 AM EST
So, not very often.

I'd like to do twice a week to start, down to once a week once I was in the habit.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock