Print Story Schadenfreude
Health
By anonimouse (Mon Mar 21, 2016 at 04:05:25 AM EST) sucks to be me (all tags)
 Those of you who think my diaries blow my own trumpet a little too loudly may enjoy a little

I've been unwell since the end of January, catching a lung infection and a series of 'flu like bugs. I actually lost my voice for 3 weeks. Anyway, this fucked up my job performance and as a result my contract came to a quicker end than I thought.

Despite sounding rougher than Lee Marvin singing "I was born under a Wandering Star" I did a cracking interview 2 weeks ago and the feedback was great. It was ideally situated halfway between Mrs Mouse and CurvyGirl too. Then the Technical Director of the company got cold feet about hiring expensive consultants and canned the idea.

So anyway, I've had a number of fairly good phone interviews and I'm waiting to decide if I should work:

a) in Uganda for a major Chinese communications equipment manufacturer  - I've just canned this one
b) for a water company - possibly my favourite
c) for two legal companies merging together - this is the most likely but politics may be hairy as one of them doesn't realize it's being sucked dry and closed.
d) for a publishing company in Oxford

All of these have a problem in that they're not in the capital.

< NPCs | Cabbaging. >
Schadenfreude | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
You know who else could blow his own trumpet? by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Mar 21, 2016 at 02:25:27 PM EST
Ron Jeremy.

I don't think by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Mar 22, 2016 at 04:22:02 AM EST
...he was renowned for his flexibility.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
No no no not piossible by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Mar 21, 2016 at 04:59:05 PM EST
I've been told that having a life event doesn't affect one's career in the EU.  How could you have been let go?  Call the Sun!  There will be heads rolling.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
He's a contractor by jump the ladder (4.00 / 2) #4 Tue Mar 22, 2016 at 07:01:56 AM EST
You get in exchange for double the normal rate of pay, no job security.

You get sick pay, some employment protection in normal permanent UK jobs.

(Comment Deleted) by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Mar 23, 2016 at 03:34:44 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by anonimouse

Correct by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Mar 23, 2016 at 03:36:05 AM EST
Also there's the minor problem that I get through about £5-6k a month whether in or out of work.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL