Print Story Attention London infidels
Working life
By georgeha (Wed Sep 23, 2015 at 03:47:03 AM EST) (all tags)
I have been summoned from Côte d'Azur because a well known client is concerned about their things.
Update [2015-9-28 16:53:15 by georgeha]:Whoa, what page widening! Still getting used to my new phone, and it's massive pictures.

They have done the equivalent of forcing EBCDIC on an iPhone and are now complaining the iPhone doesn't work as well as it should. They need EBCDIC because it's a checkbox applied to everything, regardless of if it makes sense.

I'm not sure how long my days will be, and the local bigwig suggests not leaving my hotel in the Royal Docklands without a cab. There may no chance for any interactions.

At least I can complain about the high prices, and how the hotel bar only offers Guinness, Boddies and wifebeater on tap.

< I don't write much | Halfway there >
Attention London infidels | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I'd be on for meeting up by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #1 Wed Sep 23, 2015 at 03:56:36 AM EST
How long are you staying in the fair city of Londinium for? I work in C London so could meet up in Docklands.

Leaving Saturday by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Sep 23, 2015 at 04:01:33 AM EST
and I'm not sure if this will be one of those ten hours a day in a print room visit, or one of those run by banker's hours.

I could meet up tonight by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Sep 23, 2015 at 04:23:25 AM EST
Unfortunately every other evening is fully booked...

It should be against the law by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Sep 23, 2015 at 03:58:06 PM EST
to send a geek to a customer with the expectation that they might upload a gig of logs, and then house them in a hotel where it takes two hours to upload a gig of logs.

A-and, the hotel bar has Boddies, Guinness and wife-beater on tap.

But that was my evening, two hours of uploading, dinner at the closest restaurant, and more reports over Boddies.

Sorry.

Could meet up Friday by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Sep 24, 2015 at 04:02:22 AM EST
If you PM me.

Tomorrow (and Friday) by TPD (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Sep 23, 2015 at 07:19:32 AM EST
 I shall be in the Docklands and probably grabbing a quick drink after work anyhow.

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
I pm'ed you by TPD (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Sep 24, 2015 at 01:33:23 AM EST
 Will most likely be grabbing a drink in Goodman tonight with one or 2 people from work. You are welcome to join

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
I shall see what happens today by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Sep 24, 2015 at 02:37:17 AM EST
and maybe PM you back

I am pleased to announce by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Sep 23, 2015 at 03:08:02 PM EST
 That I can deign to grace you with my presence on Thursday or Friday

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Sorry to miss you. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Sep 25, 2015 at 07:35:02 PM EST
Been indoors with a cold all week, otherwise I might have put in an appearance.

Although I actually turned up here by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Sep 25, 2015 at 09:34:54 PM EST
to apologise for the large number of crappy jokes I put on your Facebook page. Glad you got to meet up with JtL.

s'alright by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Sep 25, 2015 at 11:22:50 PM EST
I was glad I even had time to meet up with jtl, what with my crappy schedule.

Great to meet you by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #13 Mon Sep 28, 2015 at 03:59:07 AM EST
Glad we managed to see some sights of London and enjoy a beer or three!

A pint or so of flat, tepid yeasty ale in England by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #14 Mon Sep 28, 2015 at 11:48:13 AM EST
was on my bucket list. Since this trip wasn't planned I didn't bring any suspenders, so I feared I couldn't get any real ale.

Having a few beneath Big Ben only added to it, thanks so much.

it me, kurt cobain by the mariner (2.00 / 0) #15 Thu Oct 01, 2015 at 08:17:41 AM EST

Attention London infidels | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback