Print Story Drunk posting
Star Wars
By purr (Tue Aug 18, 2015 at 10:20:28 PM EST) (all tags)
 Drunk posting is not a good thing but its what's called for tonight

Wine.  I love wine.  it tastes so good.  My typeing is way off.   Forgive me ammoniacal.  PLease be kind with editing advice.

anyway, wine is a good pain reliever.  Not good for inflammation, which by the way has 2 mm's in its spelling. But will help me sleep like the dead tonight.

Yeah lmy  vision is shit right now.

Been going to a physical therapist for inflammation in my feet.  It sucks because after I leave the pain sets in .  But according to the doc I have inflammation from unknown cause.  I have to go tomorrow at 7am which is early.  I am not fullily awake at 7am.  Hell I am not fulily awake at 9am,.  but I need to get this taken care of.  It sucks waking up to pain at 3am in my feet.

Did I tell  you I hAD A ALOT OF WINE TONIGHT? well I did.  and on an empty stomach too.
Did I also complain about a lot of ebooks that have  sucky editors?  Well I have experience that as well and it sucks shit.

Seriously, how hard is it to get someone to read your shit before you post? Ammoniacal will tell me in a split second I spelled something wrong..  The last few ebooks I have read that have awful, I mean AWFUL editing errors like missing words have been plaguing me.   The actual story lines have been decent but the editing has sucked dog shit and I know dog shit when I see it.  I need to go to bed.   I have had way too much wine and not enough  foood/

< Sometimes they die. | Milliband's beard. >
Drunk posting | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I see my work here is done. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 6) #1 Wed Aug 19, 2015 at 12:49:14 AM EST

Is it really? by purr (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Aug 24, 2015 at 10:31:49 PM EST
Because my work is never done.
Life is good when you are young. Then it sucks when you are old. And then you die. Live it while you got it.
E-book editing by wiredog (4.00 / 3) #2 Wed Aug 19, 2015 at 07:21:00 AM EST
I suspect that many ebooks suffer from bad OCR. I know "The Victorian Internet" was awful because of that. Some of the action takes place in an island in the "Allantic" Ocean called "Rritain" and sometimes the OCR engine just gave up and put out strings of "???". Obviously no human proofread the result...

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Annoying. by wumpus (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Aug 19, 2015 at 09:18:11 AM EST
The dead tree edition was quite good, although the author may have been projecting on the pre-web internet (which all to closely resembles the "victorian internet").

I've just started looking at e-books (after surfing on a nook for *years* and the occasional pdf). The few I've read seem to at least been stuffed through a n OCR that uses a spell checker.

Wumpus

You got that right by purr (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Aug 24, 2015 at 10:34:38 PM EST
about the no human proofreading and I hate it.

It irks me to no end trying to read a sentence that is obviously missing a word.  My self editing is not perfect but I do put effort into anything I want other people to read.
Drink by jimgon (4.00 / 2) #4 Wed Aug 19, 2015 at 07:42:53 PM EST
If it wasn't for drink I would likely never post. It's the only way I can relax enough to open up even a bit.

---------------