Print Story "The future is now" cross genre fun challenge
Puzzles & Riddles
By TPD (Mon Aug 17, 2015 at 04:58:54 AM EST) (all tags)
 Having achieved a stunning (by default) win in the Sampling Fun Challenge, the solemn and honoured duty of hosting the next fun challenge falls on my shoulders, the Challenge is cross genre fun challenge so can include any media that can be fully uploaded and linked to, entries will be accepted up to and including October the 20th, as the voting will commence on October the 21st 2015 (The data Marty McFly travels to in back to the future).

The subject of the entry should in someway reference the idea "the future is now".

I will not enter this MFC because tiebreak: I will not enter this teibreak because blank

I like cheese
< Whoops | Sometimes they die. >
"The future is now" cross genre fun challenge | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
The Future Now by lm (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Aug 17, 2015 at 08:25:32 AM EST
I used to work for a company called Future Now. They got bought by another company, merged with another acquisition and spun off as the new creation XLConnect. This new entity was then purchased by Xerox. I think they've been renamed again or wound down into nothing or something. I haven't been paying attention.

But all that's irrelevant. This looks like a fun FC.

Cicero, The Republic
I used to work up the road by Scrymarch (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Aug 18, 2015 at 09:14:54 AM EST
... from "Interim Technologies". We used to make up mottos for them.

Interim: When Close Enough Is Good Enough

Iambic Web Certified

Interim: by ana (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Aug 18, 2015 at 09:23:16 AM EST
Anything not worth doing is not worth doing well.

I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal. --ni

Interim: by Scrymarch (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue Aug 18, 2015 at 11:07:06 AM EST
For The Short Haul

Iambic Web Certified

Mottos by lm (4.00 / 2) #13 Thu Aug 20, 2015 at 08:28:36 AM EST
Best real life motto I've ever seen in person was a consulting company that I used to work for (CIBER). One year at the annual employee meeting they introduced their rebranding effort and new slogan: Beyond Solutions.

Cicero, The Republic
I will not enter this teibreak because: by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Aug 17, 2015 at 08:56:27 AM EST
 teibreak != tiebreak

Unless this is a drunk post.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
no by TPD (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Aug 18, 2015 at 09:31:42 AM EST
 it was that even more stupefied state of someone rushing to post before having to go and sit in a looooong and terribly tedious scrum kickoff meeting.

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
I think... by dark nowhere (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Aug 17, 2015 at 09:40:25 PM EST
I think this is the way to do it. Mine had too much overhead.

Chill out, snowflake.

Game jam type thing anyone? by Oberon (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue Aug 18, 2015 at 12:05:33 PM EST
I missed pyweek this year and sorely regret it:

I'd be up for some game dev type stuff -- the topic would lend itself well to some form of pixellated 80s futuristic nostalgia, doubt I'd get it done on my own but a team effort might work. Mr. TPD: is this within the rules?

PM if interested.

How now, mad spirit?
I'm doing a game too! by dark nowhere (4.00 / 1) #10 Wed Aug 19, 2015 at 12:58:43 AM EST
In Twine. (What is this?—the Games Fun Challenge?) I can't promise it's going to be good or anything. Heck, I don't even know twine...script? yet.

Chill out, snowflake.

well within the rules by TPD (4.00 / 1) #12 Wed Aug 19, 2015 at 07:46:33 AM EST
in as much as there aren't really any rules.... But collaborations whatever the format are encouraged

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
I like cheese too by Herring (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Aug 18, 2015 at 06:36:25 PM EST
Are entries as an APK allowed?

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
yes as long as the permissions list is not crazy by TPD (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed Aug 19, 2015 at 07:44:47 AM EST

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM