Print Story Nostalgia.
Books
By ana (Tue May 12, 2015 at 09:10:03 PM EST) WFC, wfc8 (all tags)
 It ain't what it used to be.

Inspired in part by yet another e-mail sent to the editors wanting a link posted in 2007 taken down, I went walking through some of my old stories.

As one does.

And I found the post-mortem from a writing fun challenge, #8, I think, dated in Feb 2008. With a link to the then-available upload site for the stories.

Which is now defunct, alas. Who was cowchucking.com anyway?

I'm sure I have a copy of the weregoat story here someplace, but I can't find it. I found an early draft or two, but as the story there says, it was a tale that grew in the telling.

It'd be fun to gather all this stuff up someplace for posterity. Unless the authors want it forgotten, of course.
< Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good | Space. >
Nostalgia. | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Aha! by ana (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue May 12, 2015 at 09:19:42 PM EST
 'twas notafurry. At least he's reachable.

And we were days from starvation until those missionaries knocked on our door. We made Alfred Packer stew. --georgeha

one of my favorite words by aphrael (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed May 13, 2015 at 11:10:24 AM EST
is 'ostalgie', which is to say, nostalgia felt by the residents of the former East Germany for the good old days before the wall came down.
And, I found it. by ana (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu May 14, 2015 at 12:36:06 PM EST
 But not til after I bugged notafurry about backups. Turns out if you know the name of the file (which was lurking in the link) os x search can find it on your disk.

Without further ado, Snake Eyes, by weregoat.

I'd forgotten that story by Kellnerin (4.00 / 1) #4 Sun May 31, 2015 at 06:56:18 PM EST
To this day, I'm pretty sure that's the only scene I've ever written between a shady PI and his fence. It sort of made sense at the time ...

My post mortem of the same WFC is an interesting artifact -- complete with over-analysis and broken promise of the WFC book, and a link to a copy of my entry hosted on hulver.com. I was just thinking of the first line of that story lately, though I can't remember why. I'd forgotten how spectacularly the rest of it fell apart though.

I find that revisiting old stuff I've written here mostly reminds me that I used to be better at this. I should stop before I fall too far down that rabbit hole.

"Plans aren't check lists, they are loose frameworks for what's going to go wrong." -- technician

I had forgotten your story as well. by ana (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Jun 01, 2015 at 08:29:20 AM EST
Crime, almost kinda sorta, from the aider and abetter.

And ever the practical one, I see you hit on the blindingly obvious expedient of copying your stories to hulver.com a full 9 years before I thought of it.

Nostalgia. | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback