Print Story Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good
Politics
By anonimouse (Sun May 10, 2015 at 06:05:59 AM EST) politics, can't people take a joke (all tags)
I may have pissed CurvyGirl off

CG and myself do not agree on politics; she's a dedicated Labour supporter and it wouldn't be unfair to say her views are to the left of the Party. As you know, I'm a sortof Conservative with soft wooly LibDem social tendencies. We normally stay clear of politics, except with a very light brush.

Anyway CG went to her mothers for the election, and when the results came online, I sent her a few texts which sortof escalated in amusement/trolling value as the scale of the Labour

I sent her my "Labour has No Balls" joke literally seconds after the Leeds constituency result was announced. Others may have independently come up with the same idea, but I think I was one of the first.

She's not been speaking to me since...
< I have turned into one of THOSE PEOPLE | Nostalgia. >
Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
we have a much more sensible system in the US by the mariner (4.00 / 6) #1 Sun May 10, 2015 at 02:17:28 PM EST
people from different political parties just don't associate with each other at all!

In the UK by jump the ladder (4.00 / 4) #2 Mon May 11, 2015 at 08:08:28 AM EST
We all pretend to bleeding heart liberals and socialists and then vote Tory.

By USian standards by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #3 Mon May 11, 2015 at 11:52:03 AM EST
Tories are bleeding heart liberals and socialists.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

UK Politics in US Terms by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon May 11, 2015 at 11:59:04 AM EST
Leftwing of the Democratic Party versus rightwing of the Democratic Party

US politics in UK terms by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue May 12, 2015 at 10:27:30 AM EST
Religious UKIP versus the worst of Tory/Labour.

We're fucked.

I think by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue May 12, 2015 at 11:13:07 AM EST
UKIP is probably well to the left of the Republicans apart from immigration/nationalism. Some of its policies are left of the Tories.

or in historical terms: by wumpus (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue May 12, 2015 at 06:30:28 PM EST
the roundheads and the cavaliers teamed up on one side. The other side is The City's plan B.

Wumpus