Print Story Well this is a cheery site, isn't it?
Has anyone except CBB got some good news?

Plays: Medea - The Gate

I'll start.

I'm not divorced, just past one very enjoyable year with CurvyGirl, kids seem to be doing well in school and don't appear to have any inappropriate boy/girl friends as yet.
No one seems to have died this year.
So all in all, would do this year again.

Still got about 28 days for something to go wrong, so I'll shut up now.

Medea

Went to see Medea at The Gate theatre in Notting Hill. The Gate is a very small theatre, with seating (optimistically) for about 100. This is a very strange play as the two lead actors are children, with only minimal adult presence. The fact that the traditional viewpoint of the play has been dramatically changed results in a play that starts off golden and happy and ends dark and tragic.
< the diary i've been unable to write, part I | Good and the ... >
Well this is a cheery site, isn't it? | 24 comments (24 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Likewise by jump the ladder (4.00 / 3) #1 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 06:20:21 AM EST
Got married couple of months ago not divorced yet
wife is now agreed to see my parents and family
Still have my contract at edgy UK TV company  and looks likely to be renewed
Going on holiday to Tenerife at xmas
Got my daughter into a good school and she's enjoying it and doing well

You really are an insufferable cunt, aren't you? by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 6) #2 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 06:39:36 AM EST
Too bad you're having a hard time, look at me, la la la, I'm great.

He's a bit of cunt by jump the ladder (4.00 / 4) #3 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 06:43:24 AM EST
But I don't honestly don't  think he meant it that way. It is a bit doom and gloom on here atm.

What other way *is* there to take it? by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 06:50:33 AM EST
Lots of people talk about relationship problems at the same time, and then someone jumps in, says it's gloomy, and points out how great they're themselves doing with relationships and life right now - you honestly think that's just fine and dandy?

I've had by jump the ladder (4.00 / 3) #7 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 06:58:35 AM EST
Very difficult points in my life, at least as bad as what has been posted there (but probably not as bad as your recent situation) but I've never felt that other ppl couldn't post cheery stuff about their life or would think this diary is gloating

Well yeah by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 07:04:51 AM EST
I mean, no-one's unique in having experienced shit, unfortunately, and I'm by no means saying "don't post cheery stuff."

To rephrase: if a whole bunch of people are experiencing shit, and one person stands up, saying, "this is gloomy, and I have no issues in any of those areas, life is grand!" then yeah, I think that's pretty cunty and I'm going to shout about it like I'm doing now :-)

It is just a shame by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 07:34:26 AM EST
...that shouting about it instead of doing something positive seems all you are capable of.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Yes, actually, I do. by anonimouse (4.00 / 3) #8 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 07:00:22 AM EST
I am sure at some point in the future I'll have issues, but reading a whole site filled with gloom and depression will not help me move onwards and upwards. If you want to continually circle jerk each other in shared depression, feel free. At any point in time some people are doing well, others not so well.

A reminder that life isn't always totally shit, sometimes funny, strange, weird is perhaps helpful. Husi is not meant to be a gloomy morgue, at least not all the time.

I post on here on a range of subjects, not just cheery diaries, and I do so normally two or more times a month. You choose to select only the ones where I post about me. Your magnificent contribution here seems to be to swan in and post about 1 diary per year and tell others to fuck off.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Wow by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 07:09:50 AM EST
Well at least you admit that you're acting for you, and you alone; it certainly fits in with the potted history of your life that you choose to post here.

No wonder you're using number of diaries or whatnot to define your self-worth.

If you think you can do better, do so. by anonimouse (4.00 / 2) #11 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 07:29:17 AM EST
Of course I'm posting for me, as I have no knowledge of whether anyone else will like them or not, and everyone's diaries are potted. Mine tend towards the optimistic and hopeful, when I do talk about myself. I choose to diarise on here, which is why it is more self centered, and talk about events here and not on some social networking site because the range of conversations is more interesting.

No wonder you're using number of diaries or whatnot to define your self-worth.

No, I'm pointing out it takes a wide range of people to make a community and your contribution is nearly non-existent and negative.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
And a Merry Christmas to you too. by anonimouse (4.00 / 2) #4 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 06:44:08 AM EST
Don't mistake being cheery for not having sympathy with everyone who is not having a good time

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Oh do please cheerily fuck off. by Dr Thrustgood (1.00 / 1) #6 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 06:51:57 AM EST
If you had any sympathy you wouldn't be going out of your way to gloat.

I'm with anonimouse here.. by infinitera (4.00 / 4) #13 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 07:56:04 AM EST
There's a long and established pattern of people not posting when things aren't in flux/are going well. I've become part of it myself. I still care what's going on with my fellow HuSians. And I think it is helpful to have intermittent reminders that the worm does turn sometimes. Not sure why you're coming by to just be hateful in someone's diary.

Two possibilities by gmd (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 08:04:38 AM EST
1) He's trolling (It's not unheard of here).
2) Someone is WRONG on the Internet.

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Yes, I am by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #17 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 01:31:00 PM EST
Though I'm not sure which question this is the answer to :)

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
I believe trolling on hulver is against the TOS by georgeha (4.00 / 3) #18 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 03:55:12 PM EST

For the record by Phil the Canuck (4.00 / 4) #15 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 08:30:59 AM EST
I'm still happily married and my kids aren't assholes.  Also, I'm in a good place at work with a new title and salary on the way.

B-i-l, for the record, has come back around to wanting a divorce and seems to actually believe he won't lose his kids.  From where I'm standing that's the best possible outcome of his having married a whackjob and having had three kids with her.

Fourteen_year_old is doing amazingly well by georgeha (4.00 / 4) #16 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 09:49:49 AM EST
in school. She learned a secret that nineteen_year_old never learned, study and do your homework. Who'da thunk that?

I scratched a few items off my bucket list this summer and fall, and realized I need to better describe items on my bucket list. Spending a week in a foreign country where most of the time awake is spent in a print room is not what I meant by visiting that country.

For a change, I didn't spend three of my four Thanksgiving days off at a customer site.

More good news by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #21 Thu Dec 03, 2015 at 01:57:37 PM EST
I was supposed to take a 6 am flight on Monday for my next trip, but because of all the trouble offshore the whole travel process was delayed and the flight sold out.

The new flight is a 10 am flight, I can get up at a normal time.

Powder chair opens Saturday? by marvin (4.00 / 2) #19 Wed Dec 02, 2015 at 10:26:27 PM EST
With fresh snow in the forecast every day this week.

Let's just forget about the half hour of getting reamed out over a screwup at work. Directly by the owner, who is probably a 0.01 percenter on the income scale.

I know I posted about in-law divorce... by gzt (4.00 / 2) #20 Thu Dec 03, 2015 at 01:39:14 AM EST
...but I would congratulate her on the occasion.

Could be worse by Alan Crowe (2.00 / 0) #22 Thu Dec 03, 2015 at 06:00:45 PM EST
My failing health has prevented me from posting a diary entry about my father's death.

I'm seeing a hot Gujarati gal who's really by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #23 Sun Dec 06, 2015 at 03:44:19 AM EST
good for my soul. Thanks for asking.

I have no valid complaints by jimgon (4.00 / 2) #24 Sun Dec 06, 2015 at 09:35:28 AM EST
All things considered I've done far better in life than anyone in 1989 would have predicted.

---------------