Print Story Black Friday
By anonimouse (Mon Nov 30, 2015 at 07:51:59 AM EST) black friday, shopping (all tags)
Did you succumb to the Dark Side?

Wasn't well on the day, so I spent the day mainly in bed Working From Duvet. You can achieve quite a lot with no interruptions and a LemSip drip feed.

Anyway, I saw that there wasn't the great rush of previous years, so at lunchtime I tiptoed down to Tesco and saw that they were heavily discounting Samsung 4K TVs (UE40JU6000), at which point my wallet leapt from my pocket to my hand. Quite impressed with it so far, didn't realise that I could watch Netflix without hooking any other devices and it could mirror my phone display, Windows Media Centre etc with little effort. At £350 definitely recommend. Only problem was that the feet are located on the edge of the device and wouldn't stand on the chest of drawers I had cleared for this purpose, so I bought a shelf to rest on the chest.

I bought CurvyGirl a MacBook Pro to replace her waterlogged Air. Thanks to student discounts I was able to upgrade to a 16GB version for the same price. I did say she could have it for free if she gave me her old device to get repaired, but she didn't want this, so she's paying me back in installments.
< The meaning of music in life | the diary i've been unable to write, part I >
Black Friday | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Did you go for Apple then by jump the ladder (4.00 / 2) #1 Mon Nov 30, 2015 at 08:07:46 AM EST
As they seem to be the only ones that I know giving student discounts.

Got myself a Kindle Paper White for £70 which will be good for my forthcoming vacation in the Canary Islands.

Yes by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Nov 30, 2015 at 12:55:52 PM EST
I used the 15% price discount to add an extra 8GB of RAM at Apples inflated prices.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
paying you in installments ? by sasquatchan (4.00 / 3) #2 Mon Nov 30, 2015 at 10:21:24 AM EST
or are you the one making deposits ?

Ignoring the innuendo :) by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Nov 30, 2015 at 11:20:51 AM EST
If its something that can vaguely be construed as a joint expense, then I pay for it. If its something that's really exclusively for her, then she pays for it.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Does Cyber Monday count? by Phil the Canuck (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Nov 30, 2015 at 12:21:54 PM EST
I bought a 4K monitor at a nifty discount today.

Sure it does by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Nov 30, 2015 at 12:26:30 PM EST
You obviously resisted the call of the Dark Side for longer

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
I bought groceries by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #6 Mon Nov 30, 2015 at 12:40:03 PM EST
I did buy a kindle copy of Fahrfrd and the Grey Mouser for $1.99 today.

Nineteen_year_old braved the malls, and spent about eight hours shopping, two of which were spent in one store, mostly trying on things. And she wonders why no one wants to go shopping with her.

shopping as entertainment by gmd (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Nov 30, 2015 at 01:53:05 PM EST
 A concept I cannot even begin to comprehend. At risk of being branded a sexist I'd venture to suggest its a female thing...

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
You're a sexist :) by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #9 Mon Nov 30, 2015 at 02:38:28 PM EST
 I hate day to day shopping, but will happily enjoy the process of deciding which shiny new toy to buy.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
I bagged a 64GB micro-SD card for $17. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #10 Sun Dec 06, 2015 at 03:34:43 AM EST
My goddamned mobile now has a 96GB storage capacity (and can go up to 1TB.)

Black Friday | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback