Print Story Help
Help!
By anonimouse (Fri Nov 20, 2015 at 08:09:10 AM EST) macbook, laptop (all tags)
Does anyone know the cheapest way to buy a (genuine) Apple Macbook Air (and Pro) and get it in the UK?

CurvyGirl had one and also unfortunately had a water bottle in the same capacious bag. Unfortunately the latter leaked, doing the former no good. Yours truly would like to fix the situation.
< Shit shit shit shit shit | Paris Question >
Help | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Have you tried an Apple Store Genius Bar? by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Nov 20, 2015 at 08:16:22 AM EST
They occasionally replace broken Macs if you ask really, really nicely and it's recentish one. Definitely worth a try but no guarantee.

Yes by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Nov 20, 2015 at 08:21:07 AM EST
They observed it was water damaged which means they weren't going to respond to nice requests

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Refurbished Mac off the Apple Website by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Nov 20, 2015 at 08:38:49 AM EST
Normally 10-15% cheaper. Also if she's a student you can get 10-15% discount via Apple on Macs.

Thanks: co-worker suggested same thing earlier... by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Nov 20, 2015 at 08:58:23 AM EST
My current preference seems to be through Amazon, to be as risk free as possible. It seems to save me about £200 on a base model Mac Air. £850->£650

I don't have her student ID with me so I can't find the educational discounts offered, so I've asked her to look them up. Not sure if you can get a refurbished mac with a student discount too....

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL