Print Story So... car.
Cars
By ana (Mon Oct 26, 2015 at 04:24:11 PM EST) (all tags)
I bought a new car last month.

No, it's not a diesel. All the cool kids are posting car pics, so here's mine.

< Torc of the town | Car Talk >
So... car. | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Nice! by clock (4.00 / 3) #1 Mon Oct 26, 2015 at 06:37:10 PM EST
New car a go go! The smell of curing plastic is the best.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Passat? by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Oct 27, 2015 at 05:49:09 AM EST
I've been toying with the idea of seeing what the local VW dealer will give me for a trade-in on my Beetle TDI..

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Jetta. by ana (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Oct 27, 2015 at 06:10:19 AM EST
They even had a few with manual transmissions. It's remarkably peppy for a carpool-compatible car.

I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal. --ni

Nice by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Oct 27, 2015 at 07:25:45 AM EST
I had a Jetta rental for a day in Baltimore last year - it really was fun to drive. In fact - out of all the rentals I've had over the past 5 years it's been my favorite.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Craig's List by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Oct 27, 2015 at 07:44:05 AM EST
I listed the Golf hoping it would get sold.  24 hours later I'm so overwhelmed with interested buyers I need to take down the listing.  People are even offering more money than I listed it for.  Even with a trashed console and non-working heat.

TDI? by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 3) #7 Tue Oct 27, 2015 at 08:04:06 AM EST
Why do you hate the environment?

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Nuke the Whales! by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #11 Tue Oct 27, 2015 at 11:08:06 AM EST
Kill a Baby Seal for Jesus!

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

A couple of dealers mailed me notice by lm (4.00 / 1) #14 Tue Oct 27, 2015 at 08:39:46 PM EST
... that if I had a TDI, they'd give me the pre-consipracy-broke price for a trade in.

I don't even have a VW, let alone a TDI.

Cicero, The Republic
Yay car! by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Oct 27, 2015 at 07:51:30 AM EST
4 years in, and we're still happy with the Jetta Sportwagen.  It just fits our family/crap really well, and is a pretty nice drive at that.

Enjoy!

Very nice by Gedvondur (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Oct 27, 2015 at 10:06:32 AM EST
Great ride!  I like the color.

The color... by ana (4.00 / 1) #9 Tue Oct 27, 2015 at 10:29:23 AM EST
I said "not gray". Given that there were only 5 standard transmission cars in the area, I think I did well.

I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal. --ni

Hah! by miserere (4.00 / 2) #10 Tue Oct 27, 2015 at 10:59:02 AM EST
When I bought my Subaru and the guy asked what color I wanted, I said "Not gray" also. Then I told him my top choice was red, followed by blue. But mostly, I wanted "not gray."

Heh by Gedvondur (2.00 / 0) #12 Tue Oct 27, 2015 at 11:43:33 AM EST
I'm happy when I can accurately make the color out.  Partially color blind to RG and B.  Sucks.

My normal course of action is Not Black, Not White and Not Yellow.

Of course, my wife hasn't had a car in 20 years that ISN'T black or white.

Yellow... by ana (4.00 / 2) #13 Tue Oct 27, 2015 at 11:55:50 AM EST
School bus yellow would be a cool color for a private car.

I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal. --ni