Print Story Husistock 2: The Reckoning
Husi Stock
By littlestar (Thu Jul 24, 2014 at 12:01:40 PM EST) (all tags)
Who is coming? Are you coming?

So it is nearly time for Husistock 2, nine years later. Crazy how time flies. Looking at the pictures that CBB posted on FB was a wacky. So many of us look SO different and my yard looks WAAY better now.

Our yard is open from Friday August 1 to Monday August 4th, then ya'll need to go away. ;)

We are hopefully gonna have a lovely band for the Saturday night if all goes according to plan. Which it sometimes does.

I will have some chili (veggie and meat) here for eating, as well as some burgers and hot dogs. There are two BBQs for you to use to grill and if we want we can also pull out my camping grill, I've got propane for that as well.

We will have a keg here for everyone to share in.

There is a lake down the road, bring your swim suit.

We will have at least one pick-up and or drop-off occurring in Toronto if it has to though from Union station (where buses and trains will bring you) you can catch the Go bus and it does actually sometimes come right to the end of our street, as well as Bradford and most often to Newmarket (which is still WAY closer then Toronto). (When viewing the GO Bus schedule if you want to see the times for our stop you actually have to look at the Churchill drop off point for the approximate timing as they don't list our stop, though it completely exists. It is odd.)

We will have two largish tents set up here for those who do not have a tent and need one. (Ours can be rained on as well and you stay nice and dry inside!)

I would to have a bit of head count, we have posted this on FB as an event (https://www.facebook.com/events/1449415341995184/?fref=ts) and if you do FB it would be cool for you to ring in there, but if not it'd be awesome to just hear from you below in the comments.

Can't wait for the fun guys! It has definitely been too long.
< It's my turn to be Duxup | Hello again Husi >
Husistock 2: The Reckoning | 23 comments (23 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Very unlikely by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Jul 24, 2014 at 12:24:53 PM EST
For a variety of reasons. One is that eighteen_year_old just got back from Edinburgh and London, that weekend is Scottish Weekend at the local Renfest, and she wants to go to see how wrong they get it.

Boo by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Jul 24, 2014 at 02:53:05 PM EST
That's too bad, you would have made such a nice surprise guest. But, such is life, family is family. :) I do love a good renfest myself so I understand.
*twinkle*twinkle*

I'll be stopping by. by ni (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Jul 24, 2014 at 02:34:18 PM EST
But might not be able to stay for the duration.

Nice by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jul 24, 2014 at 02:53:42 PM EST
 We will be delighted by your company as you can spare it. :)
*twinkle*twinkle*

me! by misslake (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Jul 24, 2014 at 04:45:26 PM EST
i'm coming!

I so wanted to be there! by miserere (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Jul 24, 2014 at 05:34:02 PM EST
Unfortunately, life has intervened (I'll post a diary soon). I hope y'all have a wonderful time!

Damn life by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Jul 25, 2014 at 09:04:27 AM EST
 And it's intervening. ;) I know how that can be. We will do our best to have fun enough for those who wanted to attend but can't.
*twinkle*twinkle*

aww :{ by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Jul 25, 2014 at 12:21:38 PM EST
going yes. by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Jul 24, 2014 at 09:06:54 PM EST
Plan is to get on road Thursday night.  arrive sometime friday.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
Not going :( by R343L (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Jul 24, 2014 at 11:53:10 PM EST
Just too much going on, other travel, etc. life.

Oh well by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Jul 25, 2014 at 09:05:34 AM EST
 It's the way the cookie crumbles. We will miss seeing you but will take comfort in cute pictures of your child. :)
*twinkle*twinkle*

I'll be there by Oberon (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Jul 25, 2014 at 05:40:48 AM EST
I would appreciate some tent space, I have a tent but it would make life easier not to bring it on the plane!

My flight gets in to Toronto on the morning of the 1st, if you're not expecting folks until the evening I can do some hanging around and go and see Toronto things*.

Alternatively I could come and help with preparation, presumably there will have to be tree felling, exorcism, swabbing decks etc.

Either way there will be plenty of time for me to get the bus, so no need to worry about a pickup.

Looking forward to it :)

* (I'm assuming there are things in Toronto)

How now, mad spirit?
Excite! by littlestar (4.00 / 1) #12 Fri Jul 25, 2014 at 09:09:18 AM EST
 We will take people anytime they arrive! No need to try and waste time in the big smoke, I mean, unless you want to. It does have some sweet spots. But, we will be here. And you are very welcome to a spot in one of the tents. It's yours! :) no need to lug tent on the plane. Ill even lend you a sleeping bag (I've got a nice warm one!). It's all good.

Also, For any of those who need it my cell phone number is 705-716-0301 you can text or call as needed.
*twinkle*twinkle*

Great! by Oberon (2.00 / 0) #18 Thu Jul 31, 2014 at 06:35:49 AM EST
I have a US SIM card which will also work in Canada -- 559-239-4587.

Could you PM me your address? (I think the border-Mounties will ask where I'm staying, plus I need to actually get there too of course).

I don't have any great desire to linger in Toronto, but if there's a big booze shop anywhere handy as I'm coming through I may try to pick up a bottle of something fancy -- whisky or rum maybe. I thought about bringing some from here, but Scotch whisky is actually cheaper in Canada ....

How now, mad spirit?
:( by atreides (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Jul 25, 2014 at 01:58:29 PM EST
That is all.

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

:( by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #19 Thu Jul 31, 2014 at 09:57:24 AM EST

*twinkle*twinkle*

Wish I was going by jimgon (4.00 / 1) #15 Fri Jul 25, 2014 at 05:06:23 PM EST
but finances are worse than expected and if I hadn't decided against it earlier I would be doing so now.

---------------
I'm an idiot by garlic (2.00 / 0) #16 Mon Jul 28, 2014 at 12:00:47 PM EST
and forgot two friends are getting married that weekend.

:( by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #17 Tue Jul 29, 2014 at 12:13:31 PM EST
Long story short, I can't swing the logistics...meeting/plane tickets/etc.
Sadly no by LoppEar (2.00 / 0) #20 Thu Jul 31, 2014 at 10:33:44 AM EST
Schedule has put us in western MN still with family, everybody have a great time together for us ok? Peace!

schedule by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #21 Thu Jul 31, 2014 at 11:29:17 AM EST
As we chatted, but placed here for reference:

My bus into Toronto arrives at 8.05, which is absurdly early (and not the time i quoted you because i misread something), but I can't guarantee that it will actually arrive when it's supposed to. I'll be on the bus that leaves the union station bus terminal at 10.40 and arrives at Newmarket at 11.45. :)

My phone will be on for PHONE CALLS but not for DATA, because I don't have Canadian data roaming package. My number is [FB message].

My bus back to the city leaves Toronto at 9.30pm on Sunday, so I probably need to be in Toronto by like 8.30, which means being in Newmarket to catch a bus at 7.10, or the Killarney Beach stop at 6.20. :{

Yes I will totally be there by MostlyHarmless (2.00 / 0) #22 Sun Aug 03, 2014 at 07:56:27 PM EST
I'm looking forward to it!
[Mostly Harmless]
home again by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #23 Mon Aug 04, 2014 at 10:25:03 AM EST
it was so much easier to sleep on the bus up to Toronto (when i was mindblowingly stoned) then it was on the way back.

Thanks again for hosting. :)

Husistock 2: The Reckoning | 23 comments (23 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback