Print Story Telephone banking
Money
By BadDoggie (Wed Mar 26, 2014 at 09:25:15 AM EST) banking, Citiwank (all tags)
"Citibank services, this is Joan, how may I help you?"

At least I'd been transferred to a native English speaker, even if it was one with a shrill, Minnesotan twang.

"Um, Joan? What's with this fifteen-buck monthly service fee on my statement?"

"This fee was initiated in December 2013 when the account minimums were raised. This was explained in the mail along with the statement. Surely you read your statements.. blah blah blah"

"Joan? I'm really sorry to cut you off, but when that statement came in December, I was lying in a coma in ICU here in Germany, so I kinda missed it. I can send you the hospital summary if you like."

click-click-CLICK-CLICK-CLICKETY-CLICK-click-ohmygoodlord-CLIIIIIIIICKICKICK

That may have been one of the fastest $60 refunds Citi ever processed.

< The Buffalo Bills will never win a Super Bowl | Grasp the subject, the words will follow >
Telephone banking | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
WIPI by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Mar 26, 2014 at 10:52:13 AM EST
I bank with USAA, a non-profit that serves members of the military and their relatives (thanks to my father-in-law's post-Korea, pre-Vietnam service in the Navy.)

Minimal fees, interest bearing and good service.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

WIPI by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Mar 26, 2014 at 10:53:16 AM EST
I meant to type that.  it's a "Write In Poll...er...Illustration".
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Seconded by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Mar 26, 2014 at 08:12:05 PM EST
I also had dirt-cheap car insurance with then.

WIPO by jump the ladder (4.00 / 3) #3 Wed Mar 26, 2014 at 11:18:22 AM EST
Use bitcoins.

No Banks by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Mar 26, 2014 at 07:44:18 PM EST
Get a Credit Union.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
I live in Soviet Europa by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Mar 27, 2014 at 05:55:45 AM EST
There is no regular income going into the accounts, which are needed for
  • Credit/debit card
  • US$ payments via check sent by/from bank through Web banking
  • ATM for US$ & emergency
Any account I open now I have to be able to do from over here, because I don't see flying over there again.

woof.

Cock sauce goes with everything! -- Gedvondur

Strange. My CU does all of that. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Mar 27, 2014 at 09:24:06 AM EST
Also, if you qualify for USAA, they routinely serve people living in Germany, from their HQ in Texas.

speaking as a some time banker by gmd (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Mar 26, 2014 at 08:19:28 PM EST
I say fuck the banks, and fuck fiat currency.

for what it's worth, this stance may or may not be a useful one.

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Telephone banking | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback