Print Story Congratulations to our NFL champs, the Seattle Seahawks!
Sport
By ammoniacal (Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 10:27:44 AM EST) (all tags)
That was like watching a well-executed prison shanking.
Well-played, lads!

p.s. Fuck Peyton Manning.
< Best drink for celebrating the downfall of one's enemy? | Testing the Big Red Switch >
Congratulations to our NFL champs, the Seattle Seahawks! | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I found TV disappointing last night by georgeha (4.00 / 3) #1 Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 10:49:36 AM EST
How can you cast Christina Ricci in a Lizzie Border movie and not really use her? Maybe the first half hour we missed had drama and motivation and Ricci craziness, the last hour and a half sure didn't.

I showed up 15 seconds late by wiredog (4.00 / 4) #2 Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 11:50:11 AM EST
to the super bowl party and the game was already over.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

I love the safety by ana (4.00 / 2) #3 Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 11:57:51 AM EST
 And I missed it because I was cleaning up the dishes.

That was a blast by riceowlguy (4.00 / 2) #4 Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 12:14:24 PM EST
and it goes to show just what a dumb business predicting the outcome of football games is since I think most "experts" said it would be close and Denver would win.

Anyway, I like Seattle the city and went to high school with a guy who was co-captain of the 2005 Seahawks.  I am thoroughly pleased.

My one issue with the Seahawks at this point is that they have an African buteo species for their mascot instead of something more local like a Red-Tailed.  Or if you really want a "Sea Hawk" you'd be a lot closer with this.

Sports Radio by jimgon (4.00 / 2) #8 Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 06:19:29 PM EST
 The talking heads on sports radio that I heard were mainly for Seattle. Only heard a few say Denver.

---------------
more importantly, by the mariner (4.00 / 4) #5 Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 02:42:46 PM EST
mrs. crawley got schooled by the dowager countess. talk about a throwdown. i was all like "no you dinnit!"

Actually by riceowlguy (4.00 / 2) #11 Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 11:11:34 PM EST
My once post on the face book last night was "that snooty Maitre D just got smacked down like the Broncos."

The Superbowl was awesome! by ucblockhead (4.00 / 5) #6 Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 04:15:07 PM EST
Lowes hardware has never been so empty on a Sunday afternoon and traffic was a dream.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
OTOH, Wegmans was the worst I have ever by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #7 Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 04:30:11 PM EST
seen on a Sunday afternoon.

How soon will they be demanding a new stadium? by BadDoggie (4.00 / 3) #9 Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 07:03:47 PM EST
Tax-funded and tax-exempt, of course.

woof.

Cock sauce goes with everything! -- Gedvondur

maybe after Allen sells by dev trash (4.00 / 2) #10 Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 08:35:46 PM EST

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
Re: Payton Manning by wumpus (4.00 / 2) #12 Mon Feb 03, 2014 at 11:24:07 PM EST
Way back when Robert Irsay swapped the Rams for the Colts, one of the first things he did was chuck legendary quarterback Johnny Unitas (growing up anywhere near Baltimore, any kid would learn that Johnny U was the best football player ever). He played his last year in San Diego.

Like father, like son. I would have been glad to see Manning win without the Irsays, but can't say I had any skin in the game (didn't even watch it)*.

Wumpus

*please don't report me to HSA. I'll watch next year, I promise.