Print Story HusiStock 2014
By littlestar (Sun Feb 16, 2014 at 09:55:40 AM EST) Husistock (all tags)
 The decisions have been made!! Info inside.

Hello Husi! Well we have made our decision for HusiStock, it will be held on August 2-4. This is a long weekend for us here in Canada so people could stay till the Monday easily if they needed/wanted.

We are very excited to be putting this on again, not sure if it will be as awesome as last time but I will do my darnedest to make it a great time. We will be getting a keg and hopefully with Miss Lake's help we will produce some fine cider as well.

If anyone has ideas or input please don't hesitate to write below and let me know. I'm thinking of inviting my derby girls for the Saturday night to make it a bigger party, but no solid plans have been made yet.

I'd love to hear what you all think. :)
< It's been years since I feared dying. | annoyance >
HusiStock 2014 | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Yay by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #1 Sun Feb 16, 2014 at 04:55:05 PM EST
Well I better get my passport then.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
I think by FlightTest (4.00 / 1) #2 Sun Feb 16, 2014 at 07:32:58 PM EST
that we'll be thinking fondly of you while we ride around Big Bear Lake on August 2nd.  And also wishing air fare was more affordable.  :(

Big Bears by littlestar (4.00 / 1) #3 Mon Feb 17, 2014 at 03:24:06 PM EST
 Are delightful. :) we will think of you fondly and make a toast. I totally understand wishing flights were cheaper or that money grew on trees. I'm with ya'!
*twinkle*twinkle*

Derby girls? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Feb 17, 2014 at 10:57:13 PM EST
I'll petition your queen for entry immediately.

Sounds like by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Feb 18, 2014 at 08:56:04 AM EST
we need to start working on passports! (update name on mine, get some for the kids, renew clock's).  WOOO!

At least by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Feb 20, 2014 at 09:26:13 PM EST
Being in the Philly burbs, you can go to a real passport place and get service.  I have to go somewhere to get pictures, and then to the Post Office only open at lunch one day a week for mine.  well there is the courthouse but I'd rather parallel park in NYC.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
have you heard of by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #9 Sat Feb 22, 2014 at 05:17:29 PM EST
the mail?  you can do almost all your passport business via the mail.

I've never had a passport by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #11 Sun Feb 23, 2014 at 12:27:31 AM EST
From the website it tells me I need to submit my documents/photo/payment in person to an Acceptance Facility.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
I've only used the Post Office by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #13 Mon Feb 24, 2014 at 08:33:30 AM EST
for my passport and seventeen_year_olds. They can tale the picture, and take your money and forms.

I even sprung for the ID card so the oldest can go to Canada without taking her Passport.

Thanks,

George

Wait, what? by wumpus (2.00 / 0) #10 Sat Feb 22, 2014 at 07:22:26 PM EST
Way back (must have been the 80s), you could get same day passports in Foggy Bottom. Looks like the best current deal is 1111 19th Street, N.W. on the first floor (presumably what you are talking about in Philly).

Are photos sufficiently bad for passports a Philly specialty? What is wrong with mail service for August traveling anyway?

Wumpus

Foggy Bottom would be awesome by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #12 Sun Feb 23, 2014 at 12:28:17 AM EST
I work on the 1900 block of L Street so that's not too bad either.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
Doable by jimgon (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Feb 18, 2014 at 07:29:04 PM EST
 This would appear to be a doable thing. Can you use one of the many forms of private electronic communication to transmit your address so I can start proper planning. And I'm assuming this isn't an elaborate scam by your husband to get us to paint your house.

---------------
yes. by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Feb 20, 2014 at 09:23:23 PM EST
An address or even town would be great, since I um, I like to plan a lot before I drive.  A lot.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
Yeah!! by littlestar (4.00 / 2) #14 Tue Feb 25, 2014 at 03:57:17 PM EST
 Of course! Sorry, I just assume with this world of location giving and whatnot that the whole world already knows where I live. We are in Innisfil, Ontario, approximately 60 min north of Toronto, 20 min south of Barrie, closest major intersection Yonge St. And Hwy 89.

Excite!