Print Story Two up
Toys
By anonimouse (Mon Nov 03, 2014 at 08:29:57 AM EST) I'm in a library! (all tags)
 How many phones does one man need?

Update [2014-11-4 13:22:11 by anonimouse]: Added laptop stripping action

Phones:
I liked my Moto G 4G so much I've bought a second one; this one being white where the other one was black. I've swapped the back covers of each one to distinguish them from each other and called one Yin and the other Yang. I also took advantage of Tesco knocking out the locked version £20 cheaper than the unlocked version and solving it with a quick £1.50 eBay purchase.

Still umming and aaring over whether to buy myself an 8.5" tablet/phone to replace my Samsung Note. £420 to do Dom Joly impressions is making me think a little. Might buy a Hudl 2 and slave it whichever phone I have at the time. I need to keep all 3 phone numbers because of booty call management issues.

Laptop:
I managed to break the lower case of my laptop for the second time over a year. I've worked out that the reason is that the case is plastic, and the seating for one of the screws that holds the upper and lower halves of the case together has become dethreaded. Unfortunately this screw is by one of the laptop display hinges, and also happens to be where the hot air is vented from the laptop. So the plastic in that area gets heat cycled and stressed by opening and closing of the laptop, and is also a weak area in the case because of the numerous cutaways. At least my repair time is much faster this time round; it took about 40 mins to dismantle and a similar time to get together again.

Its breaking up!

< Write every day, they said. | Medium >
Two up | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
bwahaha by clover kicker (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Nov 03, 2014 at 09:07:07 AM EST
> I need to keep all 3 phone numbers because of
> booty call management issues.

Don't they make triple SIM phones?

Anyways, good luck, and when things inevitably implode be sure to post about it.

(Comment Deleted) by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Nov 03, 2014 at 09:36:37 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by anonimouse

I was going to say by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Nov 04, 2014 at 08:24:03 AM EST
...they don't do phones where both SIMs are active at the same time, but it turns out times have changed.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Have you not heard of Google Voice? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Nov 04, 2014 at 03:55:59 PM EST
It's designed for International Men of Mystery and Intrigue, like you.

I have a large collection of phones by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Nov 03, 2014 at 11:43:34 AM EST
which I keep scattered around the globe. You may have seen some of them.

Two up | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback