Print Story Looking up
By anonimouse (Fri Jun 21, 2013 at 03:39:35 PM EST) (all tags)
Anonimouse does Dojo

Update [2013-6-22 20:2:5 by anonimouse]:: Buffy poll

So I got this gig by offering them a reduced rate for the first week, and since I've survived week one I presume they're happy, and I can get back to being paid my normal rate.

I've had to give myself a quick re-immersion course in JavaScript with Dojo as it turns out the evil Dojo people rewrote it between the last version I used and today.

Good:
  • I managed to create 2 working Samsung Galaxy S2's out of 3 faulty ones.
  • Netflix have graciously put seasons 4,5,6,7 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on, so I don't have to carry another box of DVDs around to ogle Eliza Dushku in the evenings.
  • I managed to mount my 42" TV on the wall. Next time I shall remember trying to do it on your own is not clever.
Bad: Not much at the moment.

Todo:

• Fix brothers website. This was on last weeks todo list and might be on next weeks.
  • Mow the lawn. It's like a jungle sometimes....
  • Tidy out car - must stop using footwells as rubbish area.
  • Stop eating burritos for lunch during the week.
< June is a rough month | Intelligence Gathering without limits >
Looking up | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Haha! LIAR by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #1 Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 12:10:42 AM EST
THERE IS NO MEXICAN FOOD IN ENGERLAND, YOU BULLSHITTER.

These guys by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #2 Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 02:03:53 AM EST
These guys wish to disagree.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Wow, it's evolved past Taco Time in Picadilly Circ by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #3 Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 11:57:08 PM EST
Nonetheless, Old World beef fucking sucks, so the rest of the raw New World ingredients are immediately suspect in my mind. Good luck with your quest.

And by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #4 Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 03:19:21 AM EST
Las Iguanas

Poco Loco

Chiquito

etc etc

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Poco Loco's menu was written by a Yank. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #5 Sun Jun 23, 2013 at 12:28:42 PM EST
I'll let you decide if that's good or bad.

Pollo Salsa Satay? by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 07:25:22 AM EST
Hawaiian burger?

What part of Mexico is the chef from?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

The descriptions are distinctly Ami-style. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 10:27:44 AM EST

Chicken Satay is Thai, not Mexican by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #12 Tue Jun 25, 2013 at 10:00:55 AM EST
Hawaiian Burgers are US west coast/Hawaiian, not Mexican.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

You seem to be violently agreeing with me. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #13 Wed Jun 26, 2013 at 12:37:21 AM EST
Care to re-read what I initially wrote?

I am agreeing with you by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Jun 26, 2013 at 08:46:57 AM EST
I'm annoyed at the restaurant. Even here in USia we don't claim those dishes to be Mexican.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

"Tapas"!? by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #9 Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 01:15:50 PM EST
WTF does "Tapas" have to do with Mexico?

Also, whoever uses chickpeas in a dish and calls it a "Mexican Classic" needs to be whipped.

(And cream cheese in an enchilada?  WTF!?)

I'm also amused how one dish has "refried beans" while another has "frijoles refritos".
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

No by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 01:10:56 PM EST
"Mission Style Burritos" aren't Mexican food.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
I take it you're in Reading or Oxford. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #15 Thu Jun 27, 2013 at 03:37:30 PM EST
If you're lunching 100 metres away from my house, I feel I have the right to know. Maybe even an after work pint.

Hate to break it to you by Driusan (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 05:54:33 PM EST
But Eliza Dushku isn't in seasons 4, 5, or 6.

Vive le Montréal libre.
That's Okay by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 11:54:50 PM EST
I'm nearly into season 7 and I suppose I can always see if Tru Calling or Dollhouse is available

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL