Print Story This is a bit late
Marriage
By hulver (Thu May 23, 2013 at 03:53:57 PM EST) (all tags)
So, ReboundRabbit and I got married.

It was awesome.

There was a ceremony, and then some pictures. Which we don't have back yet, so you can have this one from one of our friends.

Then we went to the hall. We got a taxi, but everyone else got on a bus that we'd hired. RR and I entered the hall to the Star Wars Imperial March (It was Star Wars day!). Then there were the speeches, where I told everybody how lucky I'd been to find RR.

Then we ate curry, and there was cake.

Eventually the music came, and we danced. You see that grin on my face? That was there all day. I still get it now when I think about the day, and what we did.

Breaker turned up, after booking a hotel and turning up 200 miles away in the wrong city. RR's maid of honour had arranged a photo area, with props, so they took silly pictures of everybody, and got them to write something in a big book. Then they went back to the hotel, and spent most of the night printing out the pictures, sticking them in the book. They gave it to us the next day. Fabulous.

We launched some lanterns. About 70% made it into the sky without catching fire and falling on things, so that was good.

All in all it was an amazing day. I'm still humbled that people came so far and did so much just to be there with us. It was such a fantastic day. Lots of people did so many thoughtfull things. We got some amazing gifts, herring goatse'd me, the whole HuSi table bowed down and showed obedience to me. Komet fell asleep. It was great.

Thank you all, for all your kinds thoughts, words, posts, letters, gifts and presence. I can't thank you enough.

I'm lucky to know such fantastic people.

< A spirit of innovation is generally the result of a selfish temper and confined views | The wonderful BBC >
This is a bit late | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Thank you by ReboundRabbit (4.00 / 6) #1 Thu May 23, 2013 at 04:01:26 PM EST
From me too.  It was a great day, lovely people, great food and I married the Lord himself :-)

Komet, those sweets are excellent! Thank you!

Optional activity: Standing around and enjoying life. -- Jan Gehl (Architect)

Great day. Thanks very much. by Herring (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu May 23, 2013 at 04:07:02 PM EST
Celebrations and curry and cake and beer.

(And my car was where I left it in the morning with no parking ticket)

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky

T'was good to see you. by hulver (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu May 23, 2013 at 04:24:30 PM EST
Have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkWKW2afpvU It's on the warm up for a Sufferfest video, and I recognised the club kit.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Yes I have by Herring (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu May 23, 2013 at 05:03:21 PM EST
Cycling by my good friend George, drummage and commentary by my mate Roland. Nutters the pair of them. The boy's new PB for Box is 8:48.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
conga rats by clover kicker (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu May 23, 2013 at 04:19:55 PM EST
And best wishes.

Woooooooo by ana (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu May 23, 2013 at 05:49:20 PM EST
 A well-deserved (and matched) pair of grins, I'd say.

Congratulations by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu May 23, 2013 at 06:07:57 PM EST
to you and your lovely bride.

---------------
Awesome!!! by clock (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu May 23, 2013 at 07:16:44 PM EST
Congrats all around. Sorry we couldn't be there but you were definitely on our minds.

Looks like a lovely time was had by all!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

It was awesome! by ambrosen (4.00 / 3) #9 Thu May 23, 2013 at 07:23:27 PM EST
Thanks for inviting us all. And thanks for having us here for the last 10 years. And TE's moustache looks amazing in the picture.

I agree with all the above... by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #10 Thu May 23, 2013 at 10:39:27 PM EST
particularly ambrosen and Herring. It was incredibly generous of you to invite us all, and the ceremony and the reception were beautiful. I was so pleased to see so much happiness from everyone who was there, and I really enjoyed getting the opportunity to talk with your mum and dad, who were both really lovely people.

I owe a photo diary about my UKian adventures, with pictures. Will get to that soon! Thanks very much to you and RR for the excuse to fly across the ocean for an absolutely fantastic holiday, and for such a lovely day witnessing this new stage in your life together.

So awesome! by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu May 23, 2013 at 11:26:32 PM EST
 Looks like such an amazing wedding. I love the props and pictures idea, that's SO neat. Congratulations! So happy for your happy. Love is super great. :)
*twinkle*twinkle*

Looks absolutely awesome! by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri May 24, 2013 at 03:56:38 AM EST
Very many happy congratulations! :-D

Johnny wrote a nice congratulations by Scrymarch (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri May 24, 2013 at 09:31:58 AM EST

Tucked away a bit obscurely

Iambic Web Certified

Ah, missed that one. by hulver (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri May 24, 2013 at 09:44:00 AM EST
Cheers.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
"herring goatse'd me" by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri May 24, 2013 at 10:16:07 AM EST
Well, if the marriage can survive that.... Then I guess congratulations are in order!

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Congratulations both! by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #16 Sat May 25, 2013 at 03:23:29 AM EST
I wish we'd been able to attend.

Fantastic wedding! by TheophileEscargot (2.00 / 0) #17 Sat May 25, 2013 at 07:42:16 AM EST
Was great to be there, best of luck for the future!
Congrats. by MrMole (2.00 / 0) #18 Sun May 26, 2013 at 06:32:07 PM EST
All the best.

Congrats good sir by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #19 Wed May 29, 2013 at 07:47:13 AM EST
The both of you look very happy!

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Congratulations! by flowergrrl (2.00 / 0) #20 Sat Jun 08, 2013 at 04:50:08 PM EST
I hope for many happy years ahead xx

This is a bit late | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback