Print Story The never ending dental follies....
Health
By ObviousTroll (Mon May 13, 2013 at 04:29:04 PM EST) (all tags)
 Also, the itunes genius is whack.

Spent a long weekend with SWHTL up in Bushkill PA for our 25th wedding anniversary. Was startled by being the only white couple we saw at the resort. Also the only couple who was from Pennsylvania. Apparently, they've been heavily advertising in NYC, which makes sense, but has always been off my mental radar - we rarely see New Yorkers in the the Phillie area and, gosh darn it, places like the Poconos and Dorney Park are part of the Phillie area!

None of this was a problem, mind you, I'm just not used to listening to rap music being played over the PA system in a bar that's decorated with antlers.

Anyway, as G+ users know I was worried about getting rained out but it all worked out - it only rained the first day, and we spent that day vegging out and getting massages. The massages were more life altering than I expected - I'm so used to my collection of random pain and how it doesn't go away no matter what doctors do that I really didn't expect the massage to do much for me. But... 2 days and a serious hike later I still hurt less than I did the day before I got the massage.

SWHTL had a similar result, she and I are planning on looking into local places to see if we can make this a semi-regular thing.

And... speaking of pain... The fraking tooth problems just keep coming. The abscessed tooth was supposed to get replaced with an implant last month, but when the surgeon found a hole in my sinuses he demurred, putting in a bone implant and stitching things up instead. This caused a simply insane amount of chronic pain, through my whole mouth, that lasted weeks. (I swear, every single tooth in my upper mouth changed position.) When the pain finally abated, I realized that somewhere along the way a tooth on the opposite side had either lost a filling or just broke, but the additional pain had simply been masked by the other problem.

So, I'm going in tomorrow to get that looked at. I'm going to have to raise the withholding that feeds my HSA.

Anyway, the rain was even a positive - when we hiked the Falls on Sunday the rain had served to rev everything up to 11, while leaving the weather nice and cool. We had a great time, and we're going to go back in the fall and checkout the leaves when they turn.

Finally, I'd like to have a words with the iTunes Genius:

if you're going to call a music mix "classical instrumental", yeah, I can see both "Rhapsody in Blue" and "Classical Gas" might fall into that category along with the Bach and the Mozart.

And, yeah, I grasp that the Star Spangled Banner probably fits in there, too, right next to the Star Wars Cantina music you added.

However choral music most definitely fails. Particularly choirs singing christmas music.

And the "Theme from the Amityville Horror"? Really?

Oddest evening in a hot tub I have ever spent.
< Creativity. | Bugger >
The never ending dental follies.... | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
So you're going to be looking for massage parlors by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon May 13, 2013 at 05:53:48 PM EST
in Philly?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Sure, but they have to be by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon May 13, 2013 at 05:56:01 PM EST
Maybe you can find a place like by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon May 13, 2013 at 05:59:34 PM EST
this one.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Black man can't enjoy a hunting lodge's ambiance? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon May 13, 2013 at 06:21:06 PM EST
That's wack, dawg.

Not just the black man. by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon May 13, 2013 at 07:58:46 PM EST
Young black men, with their wives and kids.

I was having a ball with the kids. Wished I had balloons. Didn't think to bring balloons on my 25th anniversary weekend.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
This area by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon May 13, 2013 at 08:28:28 PM EST
has been sold to NYC for decades.  Land is cheap, even 20 years later, and for some reason people have no problem catching a bus to NJ and taking the subway into the city, though it's 90 minutes one way.

What's odd is that SEPTA no longer comes to the Lehigh Valley, even though it'd make sense, but I'm glad because some of those lines are now bike trails.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock

Like I said, it makes perfect sense by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon May 13, 2013 at 09:00:04 PM EST
but for some reason it's just not part of my mental world map.

It might be because I don't hear or see ads for Camelback, or Shawnee - haven't for years - and I can't remember hearing a single one that talked about things to do that didn't involve snowmaking machines.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
that's odd by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue May 14, 2013 at 09:57:48 PM EST
Camelback has a large water park.  Blue Mountain is getting one ( and does mnt. biking too).  A lot of the slopes were always against being '4 season' until we had 3 winters without any snow of any consequence.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
Maybe they figure by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed May 15, 2013 at 12:14:22 AM EST
Hershey Park and Great Adventure have the Philly market sewn up?

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
I think by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed May 15, 2013 at 07:46:35 PM EST
the casinos have taken a bite outta a lot of it.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock