Print Story Let's see. Do I have a life?
By ObviousTroll (Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 11:52:15 AM EST) (all tags)
Do I have things I can talk about?

Social Networking:

Can't talk about politics anymore.

Just got friended on g+ by a new co-worker; I may have to be more circumspect about trolling the hard lefties of my acquaintance. It's still as much fun as it ever was, but I don't want to burn what should be a great working relationship.

Work life:

Can't talk about work anymore.

I am now working in under more levels of security than I have since I worked for a TLA buried under a 5-sided building owned by a certain branch of government. I may not be able to discuss anything I'm doing for years.

Personal life:

I'm being sued. Not supposed to talk about that, either.

Home life:

I guess this is safe.

Lamb came back from her EU trip a day late, due to a flight cancellation. She seems positively revved up and scarily like a one of my sisters. On the one hand she's talking about looking forward to reading Frankenstein (yes!) and in the next breath she's talking about reading The Great Gatsby. (Wait. What? That doesn't sound like science fiction!?) She gave me a cookbook from Barcelona, full of recipes I will never have the ingredients for, and a candy bar made with flower petals.

She also took over 1200 photos, which does sound a lot like her old man. She needs to learn how to cull that herd way, way down.

She's also already making college plans - wants to go someplace rural.  Ahh huh. K. (This may be code for "I want to go someplace far enough away that I only come home once per term.")

It was startling how much the home dynamic changed during the 12 days she was gone and how good it felt to have all 4 of us sitting at the dinner table again.

Well! Aren't we glad we had this little chat? Felt good to get all that off my chest!

< Why I hate the BBC | i heard someone feels contempt for you >
Let's see. Do I have a life? | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Trolling lefties by dmg (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 11:53:57 AM EST
It's kind of hard to avoid, since their base assumption is that right wing/Libertarians are insincere in their beliefs.

The only way to avoid trolling leftists of all stripes is to agree with them.
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.

Not necessarily insincere by georgeha (4.00 / 3) #4 Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 12:50:31 PM EST
they could be ignorant, or bigoted.

Centre County is pretty rural by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 12:19:52 PM EST
I don't know if five hours away is enough, and she's probably have a busload of classmates there, too.

I only occasionally troll on FB, mostly a high school time friend. I regret not responding to his "Federal Investments never amounted to anything " post last fall, as he's a long haul trucker, and was probably posting to FB in territory that once was the Louisiana Purchase.

Aint' never been there by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 01:15:13 PM EST
 people tell me it's nice.

Actually, I like the idea of her going to Penn State; doesn't seem to have crossed her mind, though.

Plenty of time for that, though - she's still a sophomore.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
It got small after four years by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 01:20:13 PM EST

Trolling on FB is like shooting fish by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 3) #6 Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 01:17:34 PM EST
in the deli case at the supermarket. Between my right-wing reactionary relatives and former classmates and left wing reactionary cow orkers and friends it's damned near impossible not to set of a flame war by accident.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
and a by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 01:27:50 PM EST
yankeehack ex too. :-P
He's mellowed a bit, I think. by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #10 Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 02:10:39 PM EST
At least I no longer flinch when he comments on something I posted.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
Circles are your friends by kwsNI (4.00 / 2) #3 Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 12:33:45 PM EST
Just create a troll circle and post politics to that - coworker doesn't see the story, everyone else does.

I dunno. Seems complicated. by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 01:19:14 PM EST
Actually, I had to do that late last year when my brother noticed his ex-wife was still on my friends list.  I mean, okay, it just didn't occur to me to remove her, wtf?

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
'someplace rural'? by the mariner (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 06:37:41 PM EST
i wouldn't like the sound of that if i were you.

unless she means princeton.

I know, right? by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 06:43:22 PM EST
I don't think the child knows what "rural" actually means.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
* deliverance music * by the mariner (4.00 / 1) #13 Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 07:43:34 PM EST

You live in Pennsylvania don't you? by wumpus (2.00 / 0) #16 Sat Apr 06, 2013 at 08:17:38 PM EST
And she isn't remotely familiar with Pennsatucky?

Wumpus

Somewhat. by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #17 Mon Apr 08, 2013 at 01:36:32 PM EST
We have family who lives out past Kutztown, I think she thinks it's quaint. I don't think she's noticed that they don't have cable or high speed internet.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
If you go further, you'll find they had cable in by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #18 Mon Apr 08, 2013 at 04:16:26 PM EST
the 60's, what with all the hills and hollers interfering with LOS television.

We always got a kick out of visiting the kinfolk in Elk county, one of the cable channels in the 70's was a camera focused on an analog clock.

Tell her Frankenstein is science fiction. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 10:16:23 PM EST
Then point her toward the Supernatural Romance aisle. That should clear up that nonsense.

One of my girl's best traits by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 5) #15 Sat Apr 06, 2013 at 06:55:57 PM EST
is that she loathes Twilight

She posted to FB that Edward lived in a forrest and twinkled, so it was obvious that he was not a vampire but was, in fact, a fairy.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals