Print Story A few conversations
By lm (Thu Apr 25, 2013 at 07:12:59 AM EST) (all tags)
Cast of characters:

Man 1
Man 2
Man 3
Man 4
Man 6
Woman 1

All of these happened, most of them yesterday.

[Man 1, a bus driver, looks Man 5 up and down as he boards the bus]

Man 1
Woah, wait a minute.

...

Man 1
Let me take in your attire. Why do you dress like that? Nostalgia?

Man 5
Well, I just think it's fun.

Man 1
Fun? No, that ain't no fun. You know what that is? That is truth!

Man 5
I guess you could say that.

:: :: :: :: ::

I'm from Ohio, so ...

Man 2
Ohio? Seriously?

Yeah, born and raised.

Man 2
Well that just explains everything.

:: :: :: ::

Man 3
Excuse me, sir, do you have five dollars you can spare so I can buy a Metro card?

Sure.

Man 3
Wait a minute, where you from?

Ohio.

Man 3
No, I mean originally.

Man 5
I was born in Dayton, Ohio.

Man 3
Really, you ain't from Europe or something? I can't take your money.

Really, I'm from Ohio.

Man 3
I can't take this from you. You ain't from around here.

:: :: ::

Man 4
The root of all of your problems is that you don't look at yourself honestly. You don't see yourself the way you really are. And the people around you, they don't see you the way that you see yourself.

You need to look into the mirror. Look deep into the mirror and see who you really are. Once you do that, you'll find power, real power. And then you'll be able to look at the people around you and see them for who they really are.

:: ::

Woman 1
``Me hate carrots because they am so tasty.'' What the hell is that?

You know, Bizarro.

Man 6
After I had fully vested, the council member came into the sanctuary and called me a God damned nigger-lover for having escorted the black family into the church to sit in the pews. I said to him, ``How dare you!'' and hit him as hard as I could. I then picked him up and threw him out of the door that lead to the street.

The next evening the council called a special meeting. The first motion forwarded was that no black person should ever be admitted to membership of the parish from now until eternity. The motion was seconded. I said that if this motion passed, my resignation would be on the table. The motion passed unanimously. I laid my resignation letter, which I had already prepared, on the table and walked away.

< I'm still alive | Idiots On Two Wheels >
A few conversations | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
So which one were you? by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Apr 25, 2013 at 08:53:39 AM EST
en-tea

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
the one from Ohio by lm (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Apr 25, 2013 at 09:24:58 AM EST
You know, the one that dresses like truth.

I left the part out about the bus driver then pitching his multi-level marketing concern selling international coffees. I still can't decide if that part of the conversation makes the story better or worse.

I should find some way to work in the bus driver taking down my contact information while driving down the street.

Cicero, The Republic
The only other mystery by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Apr 26, 2013 at 07:57:28 AM EST
...is the identity of Man 6.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
A real life action hero by lm (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Apr 26, 2013 at 08:51:37 AM EST
Father Basil Summer, who at the time was a Lutheran pastor serving in South Carolina, is now an Eastern Orthodox priest, retired, and 87 years old . He was visiting our parish this past week.

When he tells his story, he seems simultaneously embarrassed and pleased that he resorted to physical violence.

Cicero, The Republic
Obvious by Herring (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Apr 26, 2013 at 09:40:01 AM EST
Man 950.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
while I've yet read tp contents of this diary.... by TPD (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Apr 26, 2013 at 08:40:48 AM EST
 Cast of characters:

Man 1
Man 2
Man 3
Man 4
Man 6
Woman 1

I think I have seen that movie!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
So has Alison Bechdel. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #7 Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 04:45:58 PM EST
She didn't approve.

This diary could never get Bechdel's approval by lm (2.00 / 0) #9 Sun Apr 28, 2013 at 01:29:47 PM EST
Even were there an equal number of male and female interlocutors, the fact that the only unity to the discussion is that they are all two person conversations that involve man 5 means that the diary can never pass the Bechdel test.

Cicero, The Republic
I've heard what man 4 said before. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #8 Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 04:58:43 PM EST
I can't remember where, though.

A few conversations | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback