Print Story Well this is damned annoying.
Working life
By ObviousTroll (Mon Apr 01, 2013 at 01:56:56 PM EST) (all tags)
I've spent much of the past 2 weeks justifying delaying a project I've worked on for 2 years, because there's not enough time in the schedule.

As annoying as that was, while collecting data on why this project is a good idea in the first place, I tripped over a paper that appears to make the entire project a moot point.

The only reason I haven't slit my metaphorical wrists over this is because no one seems to have ever referred to the paper again, even the author.

This would imply there's a serious problem with his approach, I hope.

This was supposed to be my 2nd patent (and the 1st that I thought was actually worth a patent....)
< Zen and Nausea | Fuck Cancer >
Well this is damned annoying. | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Sorry by ucblockhead (4.00 / 2) #1 Mon Apr 01, 2013 at 09:19:28 PM EST
Someone already thought of "Method to deliver rich multimedia content over a network connection using a TCP connection based protocol to a personal computing device"
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Yeah, but by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Apr 02, 2013 at 03:19:10 AM EST
Did they do it with a quick lookup code for discoverability?

I SMELL PATENT!

(seriously - one company I worked for was acquired by another who's big patent boiled down to "Converts short code to a URL... via an internet-connected server!")

Nah. not that obvious. by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Apr 02, 2013 at 08:17:48 AM EST
It was going to be "one click to purchase a super computer".

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
Actually, it was a method to by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Apr 02, 2013 at 09:19:54 AM EST
minimize and optimize the spanning tree of a collectives group.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
You wanted to patent a software algorithm?! by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Apr 04, 2013 at 05:07:14 PM EST

Of course not! by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 11:26:11 AM EST
There's a hardware implementation involved.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
Well... by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 11:26:54 AM EST
there *could* be a hardware implementation involved.

Hey, look over there! Elvis!

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals