Print Story be excellent to each other
Sex
By gzt (Wed Mar 27, 2013 at 11:39:33 PM EST) gzt, wal mart, big pharma, steve king sucks (all tags)

Monsanto, pharmaceutical companies, health insurers, big banks. All rightly deserve some flak, but all are also unfairly maligned. Also, coincidentally, all are major supporters of the profession of statistics.

Of course, I still stand behind my liberalist thoughts on big banks: perhaps some people should go to jail and "too big to fail" needs to end. Is this really so controversial? And, of course, perhaps bankers should remember the title of this diary: be excellent to each other.

I'm trying to avoid being completely sucked into emacs. They have an RSS reader - maybe it could replace Google Reader?

I've been trying feedly in Chrome but it really pisses me off. Namely, it eats too much space on the left and right so I can't read Dinosaur Comics in it. What's the fucking point of an RSS reader if I can't read Dinosaur Comics in it?! I barely tolerated Google Reader because I had to turn off the sidebar thing to read Dinosaur Comics. Maybe feedly has a way to do that, but it's not readily apparent. I hate it so much. I hate it almost as much as I hate Texas.

I hate Texas so much. This is how I feel about Texas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5d5jxJ5vbM Mostly the idea and the ideal of Texas. Texans themselves are usually decent people and I can be quite fond of them, but the state of Texas in both senses is rather odious. Ditto for the South.

Steve King (R-IA) is the epitome of Texas. I sincerely hope he runs for Harkin's senate seat in 2014.

Charter schools are an overhyped scam at times.

Apparently Wal Mart has somehow managed to get 25% of the American grocery market? Didn't they just get into that a few years ago?

Gilead is a good book about the intrinsic superiority of Iowa over the South. Home, too, its sequel, is pretty good.

I wish they all could be California girls.

< Catch me if you can | She's in! >
be excellent to each other | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
the x-files episode 'home' -- required viewing by the mariner (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 06:43:12 AM EST
for naive foreigners with limited knowledge of the south. pretty much fills you in on what it's all about down there.

i have my own texan by gzt (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 07:28:06 AM EST
we talk.

Ditto for americans by marvin (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 08:57:43 AM EST
Americans themselves are usually decent people and I can be quite fond of them, but the state of the United States in both senses is rather odious.

Redundant: by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 09:31:26 AM EST
Texas is in the South.

you know i mean... by gzt (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 07:58:35 PM EST
..."texas and the south in general". Said as if "the south" is an afterthought. redundant, but colloquial.

hahaha! by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 11:17:10 AM EST
It is exactly it's refusal to display all of dinosaur comics no matter how wide the browser window that has kept me from switching to Feedly.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
it looks like we have some of the good kind of Rs by gzt (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 01:15:33 PM EST

governor, although Republican, wants to spend $187M on public schools. in contrast to, for instance, TX.

i am in texas on vacation right now. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Apr 04, 2013 at 11:00:13 PM EST
And the Texans I've met are all lovely. But it feels like the state is trolling me.

be excellent to each other | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback