Print Story But... But.. But...
By dmg (Sun Mar 17, 2013 at 10:47:53 PM EST) (all tags)
I thought the science was settled!

I will now have to abandon all my CO2 reduction habits which I have been carefully cultivating, ever since the scientists were wrong about global cooling.

As a scientist myself, I really wish other scientists would stop bringing the profession into disrepute like this, and would stop making wildly inaccurate predictions which scumbag politicians can then use to extort money from me. Is it too much to ask?

What are other Husi readers doing about this most urgent of issues facing mankind today?

My personal view is that if global cooling is the real trend, perhaps we ought to think about MAXIMIZING our CO2 outputs. Together we can save the planet!

< Do we really need 1080p | A bird in the hand >
But... But.. But... | 17 comments (17 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
It's absolutely true because I read it in the by Scrymarch (4.00 / 3) #1 Sun Mar 17, 2013 at 11:01:56 PM EST
Daily Mail

Iambic Web Certified

Must try harder. by dmg (4.00 / 2) #2 Sun Mar 17, 2013 at 11:21:03 PM EST
In the same way that a Linux zealot will always say "windoze" or "Micro$oft", the standard left wing nomenclature when criticising the daily mail for its real or imagined failings is "Daily Fail".

I simply cannot take your comment seriously this is basic stuff.
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.

Search for Daily Mail song. by Scrymarch (4.00 / 2) #3 Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 03:27:04 AM EST

Iambic Web Certified

Unlike Microsoft, by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 10:16:12 AM EST
the Daily Mail is indefensible.

Hmmm. by dmg (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 01:12:10 PM EST
They both seem to give a certain section of society what they want, I'd lump them both together. In fact, Microsoft probably does more damage on an ongoing basis, when you take into account the effect their product has on the unfortunates who have to work with them.
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Never forget by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #12 Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 03:55:30 PM EST
The Daily Mail gives you cancer even if it must be absolutely true

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
I first heard of this article by wiredog (4.00 / 4) #4 Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 09:15:21 AM EST
In a good takedown of it by The Bad Astronomer who uses actual mathematics.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

What are we doing about plugging the volcanoes? by dmg (4.00 / 1) #9 Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 01:16:47 PM EST
Surely they are a threat to the environment too. And meteors.

It all seems a little too focussed on one perceived threat. If we are to dominate and control the climate, I'd like to see us do it in a comprehensive full-spectrum way. Especially if all my good work in reducing my CO2 output can be wiped out overnight by a volcanic eruption.

As for the bad astronomer link, surely you don't think I'm superstitious enough to believe all that horoscope stuff?
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.

roffle by gzt (2.00 / 0) #17 Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 03:23:06 PM EST
volcanic emissions are a small percentage of annual emissions, contrary to what reagan thought 30 years ago.

Oh, shut up by Gedvondur (4.00 / 2) #5 Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 10:07:27 AM EST
Jackass troll.

"So I will be hitting the snatch hard, I think, tonight." - gzt
Troll? Me? by dmg (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 01:13:16 PM EST
Here's a koan for you.

A troll posts an inflammatory article on a little known website, and nobody bites. Is it still a troll?
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.

you know, whatever you might think of a poster, by the mariner (4.00 / 4) #10 Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 02:24:08 PM EST
you have to respect where he's coming from as an artist, otherwise the whole place just comes apart.

respect, man.

Respect? by ana (4.00 / 1) #11 Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 03:47:26 PM EST
Post something sincere. Perhaps you can earn a bit of respect.

I have to admit by dmg (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 08:17:41 PM EST
I find it very hard to be sincere on this site.

Perhaps it is because of the route I took to arrive here; slashdot -> adequacy -> k5 -> Husi.

Perhaps it is because this site is full of sanctimonious priggish bleeding heart "liberals", whereas I am an anarcho-libertarian at heart.

Perhaps it is because I fundamentally have a problem sharing anything meaningful about my life with complete Internet strangers.

Perhaps it's because after becoming 'enlightened' I have a hard time taking anything seriously at all.

But basically, it's only the Internet. If I annoy you, don't read my stuff. Don't comment in my diaries. I'm only here for shits and giggles at the end of the day, the person you think I am is probably far removed from the real me, but the real me is not nearly as controversial, and would not make for very interesting reading. (Apart from that one time when I went off the rails with a girl I ment on alt.com), but I don't want to talk about that here.

Try to take my stuff in the spirit that it is meant. Obvious trolling for fun. Husi is never going to resolve the political issues around global climate change, but we can have fun addressing the absurdity of it all.
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.

there's no pleasing these guys. by the mariner (4.00 / 2) #15 Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 02:58:14 PM EST
you post some thoughts about the issues of the day, you're not respecting their right not to be confronted with contrary opinions. you advocate respect, suddenly you're not meeting some standard of sincerity. what's next?

my standard is authenticity. if i check out a diary, i want to know: is this shit the real deal? you know, not everyone can bring it to everything they write. that's why it's good after all these years to see someone putting it out there. you know, none of this sentimentality, whining about this and that, my life sucks, whatever-the-fuck. just the daily mail, google alert keyword pedophile, balls to the wall, twenty words and run integrity.

wait a minute... by the mariner (4.00 / 4) #14 Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 02:21:33 AM EST
you guys aren't just performance artists?

wow by TPD (4.00 / 2) #16 Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 07:23:04 PM EST
this is irrefutable evidence that 'Britain reshaping its entire economy and spending billions in taxes and subsidies in order to cut emissions of greenhouse gases.' is already having a positive effect on global warming and sooner than predicted...

huzzah, who says the mail never reports good news!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
But... But.. But... | 17 comments (17 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback