Print Story happy ho ho
Christmas
By clover kicker (Sun Dec 22, 2013 at 10:31:33 AM EST) (all tags)
So we've got new neighbours next door.

How can I tell they're newlyweds?

She actually comes out and helps him shovel the driveway.

We've got a couple feet of snow down already, might be a good winter.

Once the crowds recede from the mall I need new  cross country ski shoes, the current pair are 20 years old and pinch and chafe and blister and generally take the fun out of skiing.

In a perfect world I'd pick up a fast fucking  snowmobile while I was at it, but alas.

I'm actually ready for xmas for once, feels weird.

The War Against Caffeine continues. Actually it's more of a Holding Action Against Caffeine. Anyways, on a day like today there's no reason for me to be sober, but a day of sipping rum and coke would knock me right off the caffeine wagon and it's just not worth it. Bah.

Anyways, happy ho ho to all.

< Paul Walker | Mikhail Kalashnikov dies aged 94 >
happy ho ho | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Caffeine free cola by marvin (2.00 / 0) #1 Sun Dec 22, 2013 at 12:23:11 PM EST

aspertame by clover kicker (2.00 / 0) #2 Sun Dec 22, 2013 at 01:37:08 PM EST
If they made such a thing with sugar instead of nutrisweet I'd be all over it for mixing drinks, but diet Coke is... not to my taste.

pepsi canada has caffeine free with sugar by marvin (2.00 / 0) #3 Sun Dec 22, 2013 at 01:46:31 PM EST
Yeah, I avoid stuff like artificial sweeteners and hydrogenated oils.

http://www.pepsico.ca/en/brands/Pepsi_Cola-Brands.html#Pepsi_caf-free_soft_drink_fb appears to have sugar.

You can probably find some overpriced caffeine free colas in the health food stores too.

hmm by clover kicker (2.00 / 0) #4 Sun Dec 22, 2013 at 02:48:08 PM EST

Good idea, will investigate once the holiday retail rush is over.

Root beer is usually caffeine free by notafurry (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Dec 23, 2013 at 09:19:33 AM EST
And there's a wide variety of "craft" root beers, often local.

And if you're wondering what that has to do with mixed drinks, you've never had vanilla or whipped cream vodka and root beer, in roughly the same proportions as rum and coke.

Root beer and gin is fucking delicious by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon Dec 23, 2013 at 09:56:19 PM EST
is what my alcoholic friend told me.

I thought by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Dec 23, 2013 at 05:05:13 AM EST
..that with a title like "happy ho ho" you could tell they're newlyweds by certain other activities....

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Mrs. Ha helped me shovel a few weeks ago by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Dec 23, 2013 at 10:35:44 AM EST
and we're not newlyweds by any metric.

you sir are a lucky man -nt- by clover kicker (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Dec 23, 2013 at 02:56:46 PM EST

Middle aged men are not supposed to shovel by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Dec 23, 2013 at 03:00:00 PM EST
or rather, middle aged sedentary men who are out of shape shouldn't go crazy shoveling heart attack snow, for cardiovascular reasons, and often the wife should shovel.

But, we were off, we couldn't do our long walk, so we got our cardio shoveling. It was a lot of snow, about 6 inches of the heavy stuff.

I shovel by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #11 Sat Jan 04, 2014 at 08:35:18 PM EST
 All the time. It's a shared job. It's a good workout. ;)
*twinkle*twinkle*