Print Story BBC to air "Lost" Blake's Seven episodes
As some of you may know, I am not a big fan of the British Broadcasting Corporation. Some of you may even share my disgust (but given the demographic here I bet those people are in a minority).

liberal political bias
covering up for well connected criminals
spouting pro-EU propaganda
forcing me to buy its unwanted product on pain of imprisonment

All these negative points do nothing to convince me that my licence fee is in any way justified. But then they go and do something that makes me hate the lazy socialist spongers even more!!

It seems in their relentless quest to provide the long-suffering British viewing public with even MORE repeats, they have sent a team to the Sudan (of all places) to retrieve a few lost episodes of the long forgotten Star Trek tv series, so that they can screen them again.

Is this really what we want from our state broadcaster? Re runs of shows that hardly anyone watched the first time around, procured at great expense from the far corners of the globe?

Perhaps they should have invested some of that licence payers money on making some new programs people actually want to watch?
< He's dead, Jim | Ridicule is nothing to be scared of >
BBC to air "Lost" Blake's Seven episodes | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Save the license fee money, replace by jump the ladder (4.00 / 5) #1 Fri Oct 11, 2013 at 02:57:52 PM EST
Your TV with a new Mac Pro plus a couple of Apple Cinema display  and purchase all your TV shows via iTunes and Netflix. Then you're really sticking it to the Guardian reading lesbians at the Beeb.

I rate this troll zero by Troll Rater (4.00 / 6) #2 Fri Oct 11, 2013 at 07:59:43 PM EST
 It reads like a poor parody of an Adequacy* piece and is largely derivative of most Daily Mail articles

*Adequacy was a short-lived website that published one article that was funny for about 15 minutes around 12 years ago.

Perhaps you should have called this account by gmd (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Oct 11, 2013 at 09:25:09 PM EST
 "Troll Biter" HTH HAND.

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Which article was that? by gmd (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Oct 12, 2013 at 10:15:23 PM EST
 Enquiring minds want to know...

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
i was really sad when "lost" ended by the mariner (4.00 / 2) #4 Sat Oct 12, 2013 at 12:38:06 AM EST
and i don't remember a character named blake, which makes me very excited to see these seven new episodes, even if they're aired on a network staffed by european deviants.

i suspect the bbc will find that (yet again) taking a queue from american networks will bring more success than the tired spin-offs, reboots, and "reimaginings" they've been offering in the last ten years.

(btw, off topic -- did you see merlin? have you ever seen a rendition of arthurian legend in which arthur was so obviously not attracted to guenivere? and more obviously attracted to his man servant to boot? i mean, i thought sean connery was a pretty sexless arthur, but it wasn't like you were just waiting for him to stick it in richard gere. anyway, i digress. maybe this is a natural consequence of having an unattractive heroine and i'm reading too much into it.)

There's nothing wrong by gmd (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Oct 12, 2013 at 10:14:31 PM EST
 With being "attracted to ones manservant". Indeed, sometimes it's the only option one has... Don't come in here trying to spread your Christian fundamentalist sex-negative vibes.

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
the only thing sex-negative about merlin by the mariner (2.00 / 0) #7 Sun Oct 13, 2013 at 10:54:42 AM EST
is guinivere. as king of the realm, though, arthur has plenty of opportunity for traditional flirtation. remember, this is a show where every female guest star are considerably better looking than the female lead. i'm just saying some arthurian philandering would've made for a much less cringe-inducing series than the peculiar balance of sexual tension between arthur and merlin and asexual tension between arthur and guinevere.

then of course there's the totally unnecessarily preemptive "she's my sister" reveal re: morgana -- a path more titillatingly taken by other adaptations only after said sister has been put to the test. this angle, had it been played well, would've removed a lot of the viewers' frustration with arthur's mare-ish wife.

You forgot by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Oct 14, 2013 at 04:57:50 PM EST
Climate Change nonsense.

Thanks for pointing that out. by gmd (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Oct 14, 2013 at 11:03:53 PM EST
I fear that had I enumerated every problem with the BBC, my diary entry would have become so long as to be unreadable.

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Oh I dunno by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #11 Wed Nov 13, 2013 at 04:24:56 PM EST
I could probably still find something to add...

What are you up to by gmd (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Nov 13, 2013 at 07:57:10 PM EST
 This Saturday?

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Damn, missed that one :/ by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #13 Sat Nov 16, 2013 at 09:08:11 AM EST
Trapped at home slaving over a failed release.

See my trip report by gmd (2.00 / 0) #14 Sat Nov 16, 2013 at 08:49:10 PM EST
 Verdict: very cathartic.

gmd - HuSi's second most dimwitted overprivileged user.
I watched the entire Blake's Seven series by Orion Blastar (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon Oct 21, 2013 at 05:08:17 PM EST
on my local PBS station and have VHS tapes of every episode they aired.

Not lost for me.