Print Story I should write something.
By BadDoggie (Sat Jan 05, 2013 at 02:53:20 AM EST) update (all tags)
I really should do. What though? Happy, sad, insightful, reflective? Recollection or nostalgia or politics or a good yarn? Parental pride & bragging? Woe-is-me tales?

At least here we discuss shit. And I miss that, even if it feels like there's no time for it. Facebook has led me to abbreviate almost everything; I'm there out of necessity; what little I post is intended to be either funny or glossed-over politics. I didn't mean to alienate half the Husians to whom I was FB-tied.

Bullet points and a poll.

• Fuck cancer.
  • Gay friends & family may necessitate a trip to MD.
  • Driver's license issues may necessitate a trip to NYC.
  • Three-year-old beyond 5-yr level on almost everything. She lives for jigsaw puzzles.
  • Strep & other illness running rampant in the neighbourhood, passed mainly through kindergarten. We've been sick for the past month.
  • Still not smoking, not drinking, haven't been hospitalised for months.
  • Myasthenia is pants and Mestinon is frightfully expensive.
  • Pinball machines all upright, repair starting. After minor fixes to get Addams Family, Creature and Twilight Zone running again, the rebuild of Medieval Madness will commence.
  • Kid likes to play pinball and has beat me a few times on the first machine I played.
  • I finally got a chime unit for the Bow & Arrow pin and put some asshole at Customs in his place. If it's a crime for me to lie to them, why isn't it a crime for them to lie to me?
  • Candyland has been "updated" so that it looks like a giant pile of rainbow vomit. I'm going with "cause of" rather than "response to" ADD. On the plus side it translates well.
  • New Year's Resolution: 1680×1050. That joke never gets old.
< 2013 a new beginning......??? | There is something very wrong with the UK. >
I should write something. | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Your New Years Resolution has got old by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #1 Sat Jan 05, 2013 at 07:12:43 AM EST
Everyone has 1920x1080 now. You should aim higher and go for  2560x1600 or even 8k (7680 × 4320)

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
resolution by aphrael (4.00 / 1) #3 Sat Jan 05, 2013 at 03:15:06 PM EST
When I bought my laptop, years ago, I was able to get 1920x1200.

This resolution apparently no longer exists in laptops.

sigh

Yay by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #2 Sat Jan 05, 2013 at 11:30:16 AM EST
for smart 3 year olds and staying out of the hospital.

Boo for having to deal with kiddie illnesses, but that will get better as she gets older. LO was sick (caught everything a little kid could) from ages 3-6 basically, and after that she's rarely been that sick...she's been to the doctor more for growth spurt related ortho injuries these past few years than anything else.

Facebook posting by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #4 Sat Jan 05, 2013 at 05:48:07 PM EST
I've recently been getting the itch to return because I'm out of the loop on a lot of stuff.   The Facebook posting did get me to start over abbreviating my writing which I actually liked because I could throw out a quick thing and not over think what I'm writing.  Here I overthink and tend to delete things before I post which is why I don't post diaries much.

---------------
Yay for not by Herring (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Jan 05, 2013 at 07:01:38 PM EST
smoking and drinking. Boring isn't it.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Only a bit by BadDoggie (4.00 / 3) #7 Sun Jan 06, 2013 at 01:21:27 AM EST
The potential rewards are worth any sacrifice. I want to be around to scare the bejeezus out of any guy MildlyNaughtyPuppy brings home. MrsDrTehBadDoggie has already agreed to the shotgun and rocking chair so I jes needs t' find me a nice polishin' rag and some saltpeter.

woof.

Jesus Christ you're a tool -- Dr Thrustgood

You by sugar spun (4.00 / 1) #8 Mon Jan 07, 2013 at 03:12:34 PM EST
have a whole wardrobe full of nice polishing rags you keep pretending are clothes.

this happens to me too by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Jan 08, 2013 at 07:51:39 AM EST
All my favorite clothes are designated rags by household members.

That's why they're called the authorities. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Jan 05, 2013 at 11:42:56 PM EST
Now pick up that can, citizen.

Candy Land by houser2112 (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Jan 08, 2013 at 09:01:58 AM EST
The Candy Land I remember from the 1970s looked like a giant pile of rainbow vomit. Are you telling me they made it worse?

I should write something. | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback