Print Story ATTN NORTHEASTERN INFIDELS (anyone between Boston & DC)
Husi Stock
By aphrael (Thu Jan 31, 2013 at 05:34:08 PM EST) (all tags)
Back in the fall, we talked about trying to do a get-together in December in Philly. It fell apart through failure to check with Stacky in advance.

So, in ana's last diary, ana proposed - cause we'd sorta talked about this before - Presidents' Day Weekend.

Some Phillyians can make it, some can't.

Can you?

Or should we reschedule yet again?

And if so, for WHEN?

[Note that i'm categorically not available 3/16-3/24 or 4/10-4/15]
< what is this i don't even | Ed Koch, Truly an American Icon >
ATTN NORTHEASTERN INFIDELS (anyone between Boston &amp; DC) | 26 comments (26 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
As I said in the last call for participants by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Jan 31, 2013 at 05:50:50 PM EST
Available whenever.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
Saturday afternoon, 08FEB by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Jan 31, 2013 at 06:11:41 PM EST
I'll be at the airport.

woof.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. -- HitchensChristopher Hitchens

Works for me. by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Jan 31, 2013 at 07:30:16 PM EST
Figure I can drive up and back, as it's only a couple of hours. Any DC infidels want to carpool?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Maybe by lm (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Feb 01, 2013 at 05:37:54 AM EST
If Mrs. lm comes we'll need to take our van.

Cicero, The Republic
That weekend is still good for us. by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jan 31, 2013 at 07:48:23 PM EST
Here's my question: would anybody object to us hosting at our house?  I figure the odds of our being able to stay more than an hour or so AND actually having a good time are much higher if the kids are entertained/comfortable.

There's a train station at the end of the street (~2 blocks), so we're totally public-transit-able.

i doubt very much by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Jan 31, 2013 at 07:53:47 PM EST
that anyone would object to that if you guys are cool with it, but i suspect that nobody would be willing to suggest it because not wanting to impose. :)

Are you suggesting by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Feb 01, 2013 at 06:53:10 AM EST
that we are polite?

---------------
Sounds wonderful. by ana (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Jan 31, 2013 at 07:54:16 PM EST
 And thanks.

POTLUCK AT STACKY'S!!! by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Feb 01, 2013 at 10:38:00 AM EST
How's street parking for those of us who drive?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

if you live here by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #21 Sat Feb 02, 2013 at 10:43:03 PM EST
it's crap (can't park directly in front of our place, annoying with a small child).  if you're just visiting for a day or so, it's no big deal at all.

We are still in by LoppEar (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Jan 31, 2013 at 08:57:13 PM EST
And definitely available both Saturday and Sunday.

Quite sure I'm in. by ana (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Jan 31, 2013 at 09:07:24 PM EST
I'll make reservations when we have a plan.

Sheesh by johnny (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Jan 31, 2013 at 09:50:42 PM EST
Much to my consternation, I'm still working at the office in New Yawk City rather than from home in Mass-Ass-Achoo-Sits.  So I spoze I could hope on the old Amtrak & join yz, if this were to be on a weekend.  I can crash at my bro-in-law's place, I expect.

I think we're looking at by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Jan 31, 2013 at 11:17:17 PM EST
also by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Jan 31, 2013 at 11:18:04 PM EST
there's another husite in NYC and we haven't arranged lunch?! one or the other of us should be ashamed!
I can very likely make that by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Feb 01, 2013 at 06:56:27 AM EST
As before I would probably drive down.  If we can narrow things down a bit more on day, then I could figure it out better.  Drive down, hotel, drive back next day.  I'm trying to take that week off from work.

---------------
* by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Feb 01, 2013 at 09:29:40 AM EST
I WANNA COME.
*twinkle*twinkle*

can you make it down from toronto? by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #17 Fri Feb 01, 2013 at 10:49:20 AM EST
i mean, it seems just barely doable for a long-ass drive.
So get here!!!! by clock (4.00 / 1) #18 Fri Feb 01, 2013 at 03:48:06 PM EST
Bring your peeps!!!!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Blerg. by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #25 Mon Feb 04, 2013 at 09:30:24 PM EST
 If I wasn't working I could do it I think. It's an eight hour drive. But I think I'm go an have to just let to of this little fantasy, this time. Sigh. this emoticon shows my frustration :/

*twinkle*twinkle*

Then we will require a rain cheque by clock (2.00 / 0) #26 Tue Feb 05, 2013 at 06:35:42 AM EST
You're missed!  No one but my wife believes I have a girlfriend in Canada!

This also reminds me that we need to sort out passports for the kiddos. Hmm.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

doooo it. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #23 Mon Feb 04, 2013 at 08:18:21 PM EST

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
GOLLY GOSH DARN CHROMEPLATED MOOSE! by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #19 Fri Feb 01, 2013 at 05:30:23 PM EST
The good news:

I get on Hulver for the first time in a year and I discover there's a meet up in my area.

The bad news:

It's apparently the very day I made plans to see a sister I haven't seen in N years where N is greater than 3.

Maybe I can send my wife and childrens to see my sister?

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
that's what I'd do. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #24 Mon Feb 04, 2013 at 08:18:43 PM EST
if I had a wife and children.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
I don't have great direction by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #20 Sat Feb 02, 2013 at 02:39:52 PM EST
other than to say, plan it for when folks can make it. There is a bit of a challenge for this household as we're going full throttle into spring sports, so it depends on the week...
SO!! by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #22 Sat Feb 02, 2013 at 10:45:00 PM EST
I will make another entry with more details either tomorrow (sunday) or monday!