Print Story Up the OXO Tower
Food
By anonimouse (Thu Jan 24, 2013 at 09:41:06 PM EST) (all tags)
Finally took oGirl up there

Update [2013-1-25 11:48:57 by anonimouse]: Filled in details

This was a if something can go wrong it will date. Walked out to my car to find it had a flat tyre, complete with embedded nail, so walked to station to find I'd just missed a train and had to wait 30 minutes for the next one. Texted oGirl and phoned restaurant to rearrange the time. It seemed this was the one night when oGirl was going to turn up early.

I had some Thai Spiced quail followed by Sea Bass, whilst oGirl attacked a crab before a lamb main course. We had drinks and a ciggy afterwards on the cold balcony. The food was good and a two or three piece group was playing Latin American music which was not overpowering. Bill for the two of us was around £200 including after dinner drinks. My only complaint is the lighting which made it impossible to read the menu without using the flashlight function on my phone. (in low light levels I get a ghost image due to the LASIK operation I had).

Anyway, I missed the 12:30 train out of London and had to freeze my ass off at Paddington till 01:30. I fell asleep on the train and was fortunate to wake up when it terminated at my stop. Maybe I should have followed up on the idea of checking into oGirls hall of residence.....

Still not sure whether this is going to get hot and sweaty, but strangely we both steered the conversation at the same time to going away in early April, so I have hopes.

< could mark zuckerberg be the savior of the GOP? | Anyone in Floridia? >
Up the OXO Tower | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Couldn't oGirl by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Jan 25, 2013 at 07:59:45 AM EST
just cool her heels at the bar for a bit if you were running late? Jeesh, even I can do that.
She did by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Jan 25, 2013 at 09:16:35 AM EST
I just have this thing about being late for nights out which sends me into panic mode.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #3 Sat Jan 26, 2013 at 12:39:53 PM EST

Next time by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #4 Sat Jan 26, 2013 at 02:09:38 PM EST
size your images to a reasonable dimensions

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
wow, that was frikkin' huge. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #5 Sat Jan 26, 2013 at 06:38:22 PM EST
My browzer automagically resizes that shite for me. Ooops.

Up the OXO Tower | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback