Print Story this summer still sucks
By Merekat (Wed Aug 29, 2012 at 05:31:07 AM EST) (all tags)
More news from my childhood home

My dad's best friend had a stroke, lay in a coma for two weeks, had another stroke and died. Nobody in the neighbourhood can handle much more sadness right now.

All the paperwork for my mother now seems to be mostly sorted. Just in time for more taxes due to 'austerity'. The house will get an extra tax, as will her pension probably. I now have long term residence status in Switzerland. Unlikely ever to return to Ireland to live and even working out if my mother would prefer to come on shared holidays elsewhere.

First overnight away from the little guy is planned in Sept. Working out the milking logistics to see if I can rescue any of the pumped. If the hotel will freeze some freezerblocks for me it should be possible. It will be wierd.

The little guy has started some 'solids'. Was going to try BLW but he doesn't really associate that kind of stuff with food, whereas he launches himself at spoons of stewed fruit as if it were my boob and he were in a growth spurt so I guess I'll let him set the T&C for a bit longer. So far he likes carrots, bananas, pear and apple.

< Garbage! | Any Oracle DBAs know how to... >
this summer still sucks | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
It sounds like by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Aug 29, 2012 at 03:42:34 PM EST
the little guy is doing great. When LO was small, the "common wisdom" was to introduce veggies first so as not to give her a sweet tooth.

I have no idea if that is still recommended...

nope by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Aug 29, 2012 at 08:36:22 PM EST
latest I've read is that it doesn't matter. As long as you introduce one at a time to catch allergies, go with whatever. T1 refused to eat solids until we gave him a fruit he actually liked, which then got him used to the textures.
---------
yeah by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Aug 30, 2012 at 03:56:36 AM EST
We went for sort of mashed banana first because it was conveniently available and we were on holidays when he decided to ramp up his milk demands to an unhandlable threshold.

even with the veggies by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Aug 30, 2012 at 08:24:47 AM EST
we're sticking with the sweeter ones like carrot, squash, sweet potato...but he loooooves his bananas.
---------
Bananas and pears by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Aug 31, 2012 at 03:48:55 PM EST
My two went nuts for them.  At first we spoonfed, then left little biteable chunks in easy reach.

but corn is sweet by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Aug 29, 2012 at 08:40:59 PM EST

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
That's because corn is a fruit by lm (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Sep 03, 2012 at 02:09:53 PM EST
Well, not really. Well, I mean, corn really is a fruit. All grains are fruits. But that's not really why corn is sweet.

Cicero, The Republic