Print Story A new place
By StackyMcRacky (Fri Aug 17, 2012 at 03:59:07 PM EST) (all tags)
2 weeks in

In some ways, it's surreal to be here.  We did the "we need to get out of Houston" dance for so long that it's hard to believe we finally left.

We're really pleased with the house (aka Breezehome), especially since we signed the lease sight unseen.  My BIL was really concerned that we wouldn't like it since he's the one who checked it out for us.  We feel really lucky that we happened to land in such an awesome house in an awesome locale.  The first floor is a great-room with laundry, closet, and half bath in the back.  I'm so glad we dumped so much of our furniture, our stuff fits really well (although the coffee table is a bit big, but I think we're OK with it). It's smaller than what we had before, but so much cozier and functional.

The second floor is straightforward: 3 bedrooms, a linen closet and the full bathroom.  I have to say, the master bedroom is much bigger than we expected, it's just a hair smaller than what we had in Houston.

The last of the non-basement boxes got unpacked yesterday.  Hooray, we're a real home now!  The mattress for DK's room/guest room (she's still in a crib in The Dude's room, but in a year I have a feeling he might want his own space) will be delivered tomorrow so we'll be set for visitors.  And we have some coming next weekend!

My baby boy turns 5 next week.  !!!???  WTF?

Last week was Find A Preschool week.  I decided on the UMC's program right down the street.  Playground moms all recommend it and....it's right down the street.  As in we can see the sign through the trees.  As in we can walk him to school in the mornings.  Hell, DK can walk there and back without a stroller.  Can't beat that!

And now babby is awake, so I will write more at a later date.....

< what i've been up to | blah blah blah >
A new place | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Welcome home. by ana (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Aug 17, 2012 at 04:11:58 PM EST
I like the sound of Breezehome.

Hahaha by kwsNI (2.00 / 0) #7 Sun Aug 19, 2012 at 06:19:45 PM EST
If I hadn't just started playing Skyrim, I'd have totally missed that reference.

The swooshing sound you hear by ana (2.00 / 0) #8 Sun Aug 19, 2012 at 07:44:11 PM EST
is either me sending e-mail on this mac thing, or yet another pop culture reference sailing over my head.

not pop culture by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #9 Sun Aug 19, 2012 at 08:50:16 PM EST
but a Skyrim reference.

The reference by kwsNI (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Aug 20, 2012 at 03:50:59 PM EST
In Skyrim, after you save a town from a dragon, they allow you to purchase a home in the town (and the home is named Breezehome).

As I said, I'd have missed that if not for recently taking up Skyrim.

Five years old?!?!? by technician (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Aug 17, 2012 at 04:39:04 PM EST
Also, sounds like a fantastic place to be a five year old (as well as a fantastic place to be the parents of said five year old and his younger sister).

He has already by clock (4.00 / 2) #4 Fri Aug 17, 2012 at 07:09:57 PM EST
introduced himself to the obligatory little blonde girl across the street and is playing whiffle ball with her older brother (aged 8 who is the same size as The Dude). It's a great place for the kids. And for Stacky.

I should do an update after I get some of my medicine tonight.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Five years old? by Herring (4.00 / 2) #3 Fri Aug 17, 2012 at 05:08:20 PM EST
Before you know it, he'll be ripping your legs off up the hills.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
5 by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Aug 17, 2012 at 10:50:54 PM EST
Wow.  We're all getting old.

---------------
Sounds Great by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Aug 18, 2012 at 08:12:04 AM EST
I'm so glad things are working out well!
He's 5 eh? Isn't time crazy? I haven't seen very many pics lately..hint, hint... of any of you actually... hint, hint....

I hope my munchkins and I will be able to invade at some point, it would be so much fun for all the kids to meet.
I look forward to more happy news and *ahem* pictures. ;)
*twinkle*twinkle*