Print Story Stuck
By illsorted (Tue Jul 03, 2012 at 11:20:09 AM EST) (all tags)
I'm stuck. Depressed. Tired. Generally miserable.

I've been this way for over a year. I eat emotionally (up forty pounds since January). I'm withdrawn from my wife and have only one close friend. Apart from fulfiling my work duties, I rarely talk to anyone. I hear the call coming through from the other side, but I need help. I need a guide to counsel me and push me in the right direction.
< are we there yet, my feet ask? | Do people still balance their checkbooks? also: CHIHUSIMEET >
Stuck | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Humm.... by belldandi (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Jul 03, 2012 at 11:46:34 AM EST
Sounds like about 40% of the current population... and a Troll. You like gummies?

Howto: Link Vids?

Not a troll by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Jul 03, 2012 at 03:38:26 PM EST
I remember the nick from a long time ago

Pull up a chair. by ana (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Jul 03, 2012 at 03:03:29 PM EST
I don't know nuffin about nuffin, but we do listen well here.

Have you seen a therapist/psychiatrist? by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #4 Tue Jul 03, 2012 at 04:27:59 PM EST
They can help, wacky brain biochemistry can really mess up on a person.

Professional help by technician (4.00 / 5) #5 Tue Jul 03, 2012 at 06:03:32 PM EST
is a fine idea. A damn fine idea. The very best idea.

And, we're very good at listening, but it's like posting "I'm bleeding to death from multiple wounds, what should I do?"

See a doctor, is what you should do.

Seconded by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Jul 03, 2012 at 07:11:30 PM EST
Or you can tell us all what your problem is that is making you feel depressed, and we can give you lots of advice, some of which you should take and some of which you definitely shouldn't (like mine lol)

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Been there by Herring (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Jul 04, 2012 at 07:39:54 AM EST
You're not the only one. In fact, a while back some guy wrote something quite elegant describing depression:

I have of late—but wherefore I know not
—lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of
exercises; and indeed it goes so heavily with my
disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to
me a sterile promontory, this most excellent canopy,
the air, look you, this brave o'erhanging firmament,
this majestical roof fretted with golden fire, why,
it appears no other thing to me than a foul and pestilent
congregation of vapors. What a piece of work is a man!
How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties,
in form and moving how express and admirable,
in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like
a god! The beauty of the world, the paragon of animals!
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man
delights not me—no, nor woman neither, though by
your smiling you seem to say so.

Hamlet - Act 2 Scene II

Herring - Official HuSi diarist of the 2016 European Korfball Championship (October 22nd, Dordrecht, Netherlands)

Stuck | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback