Print Story a birthday party observation
By clover kicker (Wed Jul 18, 2012 at 02:02:12 PM EST) (all tags)
If the parent dropping the kid off says something like "Have fun and make sure you behave yourself", that kid is going to be low maintenance.

It's counterintuitive, you might think "behave yourself" is code for "hahaha I am dumping  my problems on you for the afternoon, sucka!". But it really means the parents show some slight awareness about manners and their spawn is likely to be somewhat tame.

I mean kids are still kids, even with the best of intentions they might accidentally drop a slice of cake on the floor etc.

< seriously, it's nap time | Windows >
a birthday party observation | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I'm pretty by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Jul 18, 2012 at 03:28:35 PM EST
anti-drop-your-kid-off for parties, myself, until they're about 10 .. and even then ...

lawd ha' mercy by clover kicker (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Jul 18, 2012 at 04:29:28 PM EST
I've been hoping their peers would outgrow that BS by age 10.

You don't want to hear about me dropping of 6-y-o off at parties, and for his party no parents stayed at all, which was actually a relief because if too many had stayed I didn't know where they were going to sit.

And you totally don't want to hear about a buddy of mine's. He picked up 14-ish son from a party where the birthday boy's dad set up tin cans and had the lads plink 'em with a .22.

Lol by dmg (4.00 / 2) #3 Wed Jul 18, 2012 at 09:20:43 PM EST
birthday boy's dad set up tin cans and had the lads plink 'em with a .22.

Now that's what I call a party!!
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.

What's wrong with that by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu Jul 19, 2012 at 02:16:01 AM EST
I could understand your worries if they were using an M-16 or Desert Eagle....

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
if he'd known about it ahead of time by clover kicker (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Jul 19, 2012 at 07:58:12 AM EST
he'd have been cool with it, but when he picked up Jimbob he was expecting to hear about whatever movie they'd watched, not about gunplay.

a birthday party observation | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback