Print Story Science finally does something useful.
Sex
By dmg (Wed May 16, 2012 at 05:14:11 PM EST) (all tags)
We now have a way to scientifically measure hotness.

I await the inevitable spinoff app..

I would have liked to have used a 'science' topic for this, but there does not appear to be one.
< Let's Frock | the cleaning staff does not have sticky fingers >
Science finally does something useful. | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Ugh. That hair. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed May 16, 2012 at 09:54:02 PM EST
Blondes are so over-rated.

Oh my by Breaker (4.00 / 3) #2 Thu May 17, 2012 at 05:52:45 AM EST
From the article: "Florence, who normally wears light foundation and mascara and admits to using concealer and Vaseline".

I like the way they left that hanging there.

She looks much less... by Metatone (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu May 17, 2012 at 10:33:05 AM EST
"perfect" in the chip shop picture...

Especially considering by riceowlguy (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu May 17, 2012 at 10:36:34 AM EST
that if she eats much of what she's selling, it's going to be all over for her in about three to five years.

Thats a big "IF". by dmg (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu May 17, 2012 at 08:52:39 PM EST
I work in an investment bank but I don't have much exposure to Greek credit default swaps. If anything, working there and seeing the effects of what she's selling will deter her.

Personally I think she's attractive in a very 'generic' way. I prefer faces with a bit more character, for example Sophie Ellis Bexstor
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.

How is that useful? by lm (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu May 17, 2012 at 06:25:41 PM EST
Scientists now want to tell me whom I should consider hot.

No thanks.

Cicero, The Republic
It allows you to calibrate yourself with science. by dmg (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu May 17, 2012 at 08:45:50 PM EST
If you don't find those girls hot, then you are a statistical outlier.
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
perhaps, but that isn't my concern by lm (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri May 18, 2012 at 08:09:57 AM EST
(a) I don't need science to tell me who is hot

(b) and, closely related to (a), hotness contains both objective and subjective components, which leads to what underlies the chief problem

(c) the idea being presented isn't merely the idea that science can determine who is hot but that science can determine aesthetic perfection, the ``most naturally perfect face''

Cicero, The Republic