Print Story Happy
By purr (Wed Apr 04, 2012 at 10:37:06 PM EST) Tag, this (all tags)
Easter!

Easter is a great holiday and religious ceremony. What's not to like, right?  My daughter and I are taking a trip to see my family and old friends, though I really shouldn't call them old, huh.  I'm really excited but I am tired right now. I went to work early and left late.

Work has been really stressful. Not crazy about that . My poor manager who seemed so sweet when I first hired on, well the stress and pressure put on her is turning her into a crazy woman that is very high-strung. When ever she works from home instead of the office, the whole amostphere looses its black cloud.

Next Friday is Caged the Elephant. That will be awesome.

This is short and sassy posting.

Gotta run. catcha on the flippin' side

< Anchors away? | must... resist urge... to troll. >
Happy | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
You should've tweeted this. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Apr 05, 2012 at 12:14:36 AM EST
LOL

No body reads my tweets by purr (4.00 / 1) #10 Thu Apr 05, 2012 at 10:21:58 AM EST
And I really wanted to wish a happy easter.
Life is good when you are young. Then it sucks when you are old. And then you die. Live it while you got it.
Happy, happy, happy by Herring (4.00 / 4) #2 Thu Apr 05, 2012 at 06:02:03 AM EST
What could be more upbeat than nailing someone to a piece of wood and hanging them out in the sun? Certainly something to celebrate.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Wrong holiday by lm (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Apr 05, 2012 at 07:53:15 AM EST
That would be Good Friday rather than Easter.

Growing up, that Good Friday was somehow "good" was a constant source of amusement to most of my friends.

Cicero, The Republic
Same thing by Herring (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu Apr 05, 2012 at 08:08:26 AM EST
It's still a 4 day weekend. Or is it not a public holiday in your godless country?

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Good Friday and Easter Monday, not so much by lm (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Apr 05, 2012 at 08:21:58 AM EST
The NYSE is closed on Good Friday so many brokerage houses and the like follow suit but it's been a while since most local branches of banks have been closed on that day, at least anywhere I've lived.

Catholic schools, of course, are closed. Public schools, depending on the state, may be open or closed. My youngest daughter is off of school but only because the school district has had the entire week off for spring break. Classes resume for her on Monday.

Most businesses stay open. I'll certainly be going to work on both Good Friday and Easter Monday.

Cicero, The Republic
My girlfriend's school by kwsNI (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Apr 05, 2012 at 10:11:28 AM EST
Has Friday off as a scheduled "bad weather day".  Because snow days are hard to predict in Texas, they build them into the spring (conveniently at holidays) on some Fridays with the expectation that snow days may force them to give up some of their bad weather days in the spring.  With the mild winter this year, there were no snow closures so all of the scheduled days will be happening as planned this spring.

I'm off work. by purr (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Apr 05, 2012 at 10:12:45 AM EST
Our company made it a holiday.
Happy Easter! by lm (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Apr 05, 2012 at 08:22:48 AM EST
Even if you have the date wrong. ;)

Cicero, The Republic
The best reason to celebrate? by me0w (4.00 / 3) #7 Thu Apr 05, 2012 at 08:27:55 AM EST
It is my SQQQUUUUuEeEEEEEEZED Out Day!!!

Have a lovely day by Herring (4.00 / 1) #11 Thu Apr 05, 2012 at 10:28:15 AM EST
Will you eat chocolate eggs to celebrate Zombie Jeebusmass too?

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
I will by me0w (4.00 / 1) #12 Thu Apr 05, 2012 at 01:10:09 PM EST
Eat the hearts of pure young men and drink the blood of 20 womanly virgins.

Since it will be difficult to find either, I will just eat cake.

Happy | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback